Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which one are you?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    i dunno what i am... younger guy with beard in band t-shirt that spent 1000 bucks on 9mm in 3 months learning to shoot his new glock?
    inconspicuous concealed carry advocate?
    new york guy still enamored with colorado firearms freedoms?

Feedback Score
    I'm the nearly-40 geeky-looking guy who all the Punk-Ass Amateurs and Paramilitary Poseurs feel compelled to wander up to and engage in unwelcome discussion.
    "There is no David 14 on the computer."

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I'm the guy that, when I have to go to the public range I see "homies" and "hippies" that I've had to introduce to handcuffs and the backseat of a patrol car. I remember having the GF at the range and thought "why did I even ****ing bother."

I guess I give off a general vibe of "piss off" and "I don't need you telling me how to shoot" that the range nazi's and range patrolmen leave me alone (most of the time).

I just have to be thankful for a department owned range and issued ammo.

I once was that "guy in tac-black" minus the facial hair........but that was when I worked for an unnamed agency doing "wet work"
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    "So have your buddy get a box of stray cats and try to get a good sight picture while he is throwing the cats at you... naked." - KLD

Get yours news at Presscheck.org!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    i guess i'm closest to IPSC weiner.. i don't construct towns, but i bring home-made "training aids" and move a lot. i don't wear any IPSC crap.. generally wear my LBE over my usual is-he-a-redneck?-i-cant-tell-for-sure clothes.

two additions:

The Fudd-

Grampa and Tea Drinking Man are simply Fudd sects, the parent classification is deserving of recognition. the Fudd ONLY comes in early fall, will show up with a rem 700 in 3006 or 308 and wearing a simmons scope, drop a box of 5000gr soft tips on the bench, spend two hours adjusting his sandbags, fires three 1-shot groups, adjusting his scope between each, and occasionally scowling at you when he thinks you're not looking. If he says anything to you, it'll be a passive-aggressive jab in the form of a question about what you hunt with your AR. He is firmly convinced that you and your ARs are going to cause a total gun-ban, and so fully supports an AWB. The thought of using a gun in a defensive situation has never occured to him.

Weird Mother****er-

A rare treat, he drives a '84 Yugo or some other any oxidized 20-year old shoe-box sized car with body damage, covered in Libertarian/pro 2A stickers. Somehow he packed his gigantic hard-shell rifle case and three gigantic range bags into a 5cf hatch already half full of empty coffe cups, mcdonalds bags, machining manuals and perhaps a dead body.. drags his shit to the end-bench at the longest range and sets up his $4,000 swaravski spotting scope and matching 200mm apeture riflescope. upon opening his rifle case, your jaw drops at the hideous abomination he draws from within- weighing in at 45lbs unloaded, he appears to have difficulty hoisting it up onto the table with arms the size of broomsticks, atrophied from years standing in front of a mill for 14 hours a day and subsisting on nothing more than two pots of strong black coffee and 3 packs of cigarettes a day. You cannot identify the rifle to save your life, which isn't a surprise once he proudly reveals to you that it took him 3 years to machine it himself, 6 months of that on the 96" long, 3" thick barrel alone, made from a bar of 416 steel originally valued at $950, which he stole from work. bipod flexing against the weight, the weapon, upon firing, displays no recoil, despite the .300 win mag reloads he's chrono'd at 5,000 FPS. After a few sets, he comes over and taps you on the shoulder, interrupting your fire, to slowly and effeminately brag about his .005 MOA group at 3,000m. Though highly knowledgeable and skilled with his weapon, his is utterly socially inept, and conversation with him is so painful you make up any excuse you can- even leave the range early- just to get the **** away from him. Never accompanied by anyone (except the chick in the trunk).

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    What about the guy who drives off into the desert to shoot by himself because he can't stand types 1-13? Because that would be me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider79 View Post
    What about the guy who drives off into the desert to shoot by himself because he can't stand types 1-13? Because that would be me.
    Or the gun fanatic that people might consider his fascination with firearms a disorder. The one who goes to the range and drops 500-1k rounds down range, sometimes of one caliber sometimes of other caliber. The guy that gets a kick out of shooting rows of bowling pins down at 25 yards with his 45 1911, yet is reluctant to do it when asked to. He also gets a kick out of testing the penetrating power of some of his reloaded rounds of ammo. Often shoots at his own range in the country with friends that enjoy the same style of shooting and don't mind cease firing to go down range to change new targets. Has invested more money in firearms then his retirement fund has.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Interesting the need some feel to call attention to the idea that they are "none of the above".

Also interesting how many replies reference clothing, as if intentionally NOT dressing for the range is any different than dressing for the range.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Interesting the need some feel to call attention to the idea that they are "none of the above".
    Well since its like that, I guess I'm a cross between the poser (apparently because of my size, I played OL in college) and the tac-black guy. My weapons are all quality, and well thought out, and I've never owned an SKS or crappy Russian scope. I own a significant amount of quality gear, little of which applies to my job, but I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it when the SHTF. I never make any claims to be in, or have been in, any military unit, super-secret or not. I have no ninja skills either. While I guess you could label my job as "security guard", its not at the mall. I've shot the .338 Lapua, not the .408 Chey-tac, but I don't claim to know enough about either one to argue its merits. I do know what they are though. Loud gunfire doesn't bother me, but I'm not deaf. And I guess you could say my Jeep looks like its out of Mad Max. Besides all that, I still usually shoot by myself in the desert, wearing normal hiking boots, cargo pants, and a 5.11 shirt. No ACU or drop leg holsters either.
    Last edited by Rider79; 05-28-09 at 06:27.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I'm the guy wearing shorts and sandals. Other than that, it's kind of hard to typify me. i may show up with a 10/22, a 5.45 AR, or a 6.5 Swedish Mauser.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast