Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Weapon Shield Grease

Feedback Score
    In other news what is everyones preference for solvents and other cleaning supplies?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    George was kind enough to send me a tub of it, I have not had a chance to use it very much though it seems a little thinner than the Heavy Slide Glide that I have...

I'm sure it will work fantastically...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Katar View Post
    I have a big tub of the WeaponShield grease that George gave me. I've run it in my Garand and my M1A and it seems like good stuff - no surprise.

I use this grease also on my M1A,FAL,PTR-91 it is some good stuff and is stays where you put it for a looong time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    $20 for that tub, hmm does it really work that much better then the $2 for a larger tub of wheel bearing grease that I get at Walmart? Somehow I doubt it.

Ok so it's great in a car, but I drive a car with free maintenance, so I'm not going to be repacking my bearings.

What does it do for a gun that a $2 can of wheel bearing grease doesn't?
    With all due respect PPGMD, anyone who makes those kind of statements based on an $18 differential and nothing more (no experiance with the product)appears to me to have no knowledge of lubrication and/or different grades of grease for different jobs. I'm not going to banter with you but merely address this issue just once.

Remember the old axiom "you get what you pay for" ? Well, it certainly applies here and the millions of the public who have used my products will attest to it as they have done here (thanks fellas).

At any rate, I strongly suggest my Weapon Shield CLP for over 98% of the weapons out there. The grease is for those who currently use it in a special weapons application and/or those weapons such as the Garands and those that use the Garand Actions such as the Ruger Minis along with all medium and heavy machine guns.

Is it worth it? Yes indeed.
    Does it make a difference over the cheaper X-Mart type greases? Absolutely.

However, I would ALWAYS recommend that ANY individual who wants to try it to see, do NOT buy the 1 pound tub, but buy the common sense and more economical 2 ounce tub. The pounder is for those that have a higher volume usage. We just got the pounder up on the site and the 2 ouncer will follow within a day or 2. Feel free to call us at 800-390-1535 for pricing or to order. You'll not be disappointed, I guarantee.

Best regards,
    George
    George C. Fennell
    Technical Director
    Steel Shield Technologies, Inc.- Weapon Shield
    www.steelshieldtech.com
    www.weaponshield.com

Feedback Score
    George sent me a sample of his WeaponShield CLP a while back, it's all I use on my M4's and my stainless steel 1911. Zero failures realted to lube so far, about 900 rounds each on two M4's and around 400 on the 1911, all in a month, on new guns. Since I've always used grease on stainless guns in the past, I'll be ordering a tub for myself, regardless of the price differential. Good enough isn't always good enough, and I want the best for my defensive tools.

Feedback Score
    I will admit that I don't know the science behind lubrication. I just know what works based on my experience, and what doesn't show wear on Sig frames. Sig frames are notoriously fickle, particularly with the Nitron finish on the slides. If your gun is not properly lubricated you will get frame wear long before the gun starts to malfunction.

I've run Slide Glide, Militec-1 Grease, Walmart Wheel Bearing Grease, and a variety of random other greases (along with a variety of oils, including his previous product FP-10). Honestly all the greases work about the same performance wise, some are thinner then others (Grade 1 or lower), but most are Grade 2. All allow me to run 1,000+ rounds on my handguns, and rifles, and my ultimate test lube a gun, put away for a month and see if the lube is still there.

After seeing no cost benefit from other greases I went with what was cheapest. So when a new super lube enters the market my first question is, how does it compare to other greases, in particular my old stand by Walmart wheel bearing grease.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Katar View Post
    I have a big tub of the WeaponShield grease that George gave me. I've run it in my Garand and my M1A and it seems like good stuff - no surprise.
    Katar,
    Have you by chance ran it in a pistol yet?
    Thats my primary interest in a grease.
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Armed Protective Services II

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gcfennell View Post
    With all due respect PPGMD, anyone who makes those kind of statements based on an $18 differential and nothing more (no experiance with the product)appears to me to have no knowledge of lubrication and/or different grades of grease for different jobs. I'm not going to banter with you but merely address this issue just once.

Remember the old axiom "you get what you pay for" ? Well, it certainly applies here and the millions of the public who have used my products will attest to it as they have done here (thanks fellas).

At any rate, I strongly suggest my Weapon Shield CLP for over 98% of the weapons out there. The grease is for those who currently use it in a special weapons application and/or those weapons such as the Garands and those that use the Garand Actions such as the Ruger Minis along with all medium and heavy machine guns.

Is it worth it? Yes indeed.
    Does it make a difference over the cheaper X-Mart type greases? Absolutely.

However, I would ALWAYS recommend that ANY individual who wants to try it to see, do NOT buy the 1 pound tub, but buy the common sense and more economical 2 ounce tub. The pounder is for those that have a higher volume usage. We just got the pounder up on the site and the 2 ouncer will follow within a day or 2. Feel free to call us at 800-390-1535 for pricing or to order. You'll not be disappointed, I guarantee.

Best regards,
    George
    Hey George.
    Good to see you back bro.
    By chance have you got any tech info on the new WSG?
    TIA
    Glock Certified Armorer

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gcfennell View Post
    I like your WS-CLP. I've used it in a variety of semi and select-fire systems, in extended sessions, and it's GTG. Exceeds the performance of other commonly and commercially available CLPs. Recommended. In one particular example, I ran an MP5SD to ~600rds in about 20 minutes without a stoppage. There are a couple of other lubes that did it too, but they were not CLPs and were not at your price point.

I believe the (USGI) M14s and Mini-14s I used to have in service would've benefited mightily from your WS grease. I'll watch for the 2oz version to try in a Mini agency's guns I see and support.
    Last edited by ST911; 06-01-09 at 22:28.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    I will admit that I don't know the science behind lubrication. I just know what works based on my experience, and what doesn't show wear on Sig frames. Sig frames are notoriously fickle, particularly with the Nitron finish on the slides. If your gun is not properly lubricated you will get frame wear long before the gun starts to malfunction.

I've run Slide Glide, Militec-1 Grease, Walmart Wheel Bearing Grease, and a variety of random other greases (along with a variety of oils, including his previous product FP-10). Honestly all the greases work about the same performance wise, some are thinner then others (Grade 1 or lower), but most are Grade 2. All allow me to run 1,000+ rounds on my handguns, and rifles, and my ultimate test lube a gun, put away for a month and see if the lube is still there.

After seeing no cost benefit from other greases I went with what was cheapest. So when a new super lube enters the market my first question is, how does it compare to other greases, in particular my old stand by Walmart wheel bearing grease.
    Ive been using George's weapons specific lubricants for over ten years...so I have a level of trust in that regard.As far as a NLGI 2 grease,I generally think its too heavy for a weapon unless diluted.That said I have used the Steel Shield Lithi Shield Grease which as a NLGI 2 on my pistols after mixing it with some Weapon Shield to lower the viscosity per se.Worked perfectly too.
    Otherwise I have never skimped on my weapons lubes.Ive spent a bloody fortune on Mil-comm TW25B and many others over the years.So IMHO Georges new WSG is a bargin...if I like it which Im sure I will.Ive never been disappointed in his products yet.
    Glock Certified Armorer

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast