Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Weapon Shield Grease

Feedback Score
    I've been happily using Weaponshield CLP and Lithishield grease on my HK handguns for well over year now. In that time, I've not had a single malfunction of any kind. I also had no discernible wear to the pistol. I'm a satisfied customer. My guns run just fine with only the CLP, but when I know the gun will sit loaded for a while between range trips, I like using the grease so I don't get any migration or pooling of lube.

George, this is the first I've seen of the Weaponshield grease. Is there a difference between the 1lb tub of Lithishield grease I have sitting on my shelf versus the Weaponshield grease? I assume I'm fine continuing to use the Lithishield on my handguns, right?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sobriquet View Post

George, this is the first I've seen of the Weaponshield grease. Is there a difference between the 1lb tub of Lithishield grease I have sitting on my shelf versus the Weaponshield grease? I assume I'm fine continuing to use the Lithishield on my handguns, right?

+1. I'm now using the lithi-grease on pistol rails + the cam pin and bolt ring area on my AR. And of course, weaponshield CLP for the rest of the BCG.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    $20 for that tub, hmm does it really work that much better then the $2 for a larger tub of wheel bearing grease that I get at Walmart? Somehow I doubt it.
    it depends. do you know that automotive grease is mostly clay? that is true.

what the formulation for the WS grease is, I don't know, but I do know that it is made by a really smart guy with compounds and properties specific to the application of firearms. axle grease is not.

firearms have different requirements than an axle. there is a reason axle grease only costs $2...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    So far I've used it on the SSA trigger. Geissele Recommends grease for the trigger. It works great for that. I need to give it a run on the Glock rails.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    I did use this grease also on my Les Bear 1911.For 650 round's we shot my 1911 as fast as we could, we didn't even really aim just shot fast(we would take turns one loads one shoot's).Well and the end there was still a light film of this greese on the barrel.This gun was VERY HOT. We used gloves to hold the pistol by the way.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    it depends. do you know that automotive grease is mostly clay? that is true.
    Clay, somehow I doubt that, you might be thinking of another grease uses on cars. Lithium Soap is listed as the primary binder.

what the formulation for the WS grease is, I don't know, but I do know that it is made by a really smart guy with compounds and properties specific to the application of firearms. axle grease is not.

firearms have different requirements than an axle. there is a reason axle grease only costs $2...
    I have not doubt that he is smart in his field. But firearms are actually very similar to wheel bearings, the temperature ranges aren't that different, the movement of the parts isn't that different, and the materials are often similar. And wheel bearings go a lot longer between grease change outs.

There are a lot of things that are the same product, but are repackaged and cost twice as more for a specific market. Gun buyers are used to paying large amounts of money for grease, I've seen as much as $80 for a pound for "gun" grease, that $80 grease didn't work 40 times better, sure it was all pretty and white, but my gun functioned the same, no frame wear, and the gun was able to go 1,000+ rounds between lubrication applications. WSG is a steal compared to that $80 grease, but I still have to compare it to what I know works.
    Last edited by PPGMD; 06-02-09 at 15:53.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had my M&P 45 worked over by Dan Burewell. Dan recommends lithi-shield to prolong the life of his trigger work and includes a sample with his trigger jobs. I have been using it for a couple of months. It has replaced TWB-25b on all of my handguns. It stays put and feels very slick on the slide rails. It does wonders for the fire control contact points on my AR's and FAL too.

Feedback Score

WHOAH Nelly!!!

Clay, somehow I doubt that, you might be thinking of another grease uses on cars. Lithium Soap is listed as the primary binder.
    That is true (Clay) in some cases, especially in the "High Temp" wheel bearing greases.
    However, Lithium Complex EP greases are the "top end" of the wheel bearing greases and are indicitive of the additive technology used which are necessary in good anti-wear extreme pressure (EP) grease.

But firearms are actually very similar to wheel bearings, the temperature ranges aren't that different, the movement of the parts isn't that different, and the materials are often similar. And wheel bearings go a lot longer between grease change outs.
    Now HERE is where I take issue totally. The statement above is somewhat misguided and not true...I'm sure, unintentionally.

Weapons, especially semi-automatics, are subject to violent and extreme pressures due to ignition, be they gas operated or blow-back operated. THIS is where the $2 Lithium Soap and the $20 Lithium EP Complex make a huge difference in anti-wear/extreme pressure protection and buffering. Sure, wheel bearings may suffer occasional "low to medium" shock loading, but nothing like the areas of a firearm that are subjected to in the aforementioned process.

Basic lithium soap greases lack the necessary additive technology to protect against breakage and wear, whereas the complex is miles beyond in protection. However, the additives are indeed expensive. In fact, it is the additive technology and package found in expensive oils, synthetics and mineral, along with greases that are the most costly part of them by far. There are many high priced lithium soaps out there that lack the additives to make them perform. This, is what most people end up comparing with little to no difference in performance...just price.
    Make sure that the grease you purchase is a "COMPLEX" and an "EP" (extreme pressure) grease. That way, you know you are getting the additive technology that will yield much better results than the old "run-of-the-mill" lithium soap.

BUT...I now digress to the Weapon Shield CLP, which, it's greatest attribute is it's enormous anti-wear and EP capacity to lubricate, and restructure the surface of the metal on a near-quantum level; rolling out surface asparaties and increasing film strength of the metals and oils, dramatically. I'll say again; you really dont need the Weapon Shield Grease unless you just prefer it or have a Garand/Ruger trap door action; OR unless you are running full auto M-249/50 Cal BMG and the like. Even on light and sub machine guns I recommend Weapon Shield CLP.

Ladies and Gents...this is why I have given a free sample of it to anyone who has requested it. It speaks for itself every time.

If you want to buy or try the Weapon Shield Grease, then I suggest you order the 2 ounce tub and give it a go. If it's to your liking, then there you have it. Otherwise, Weapon Shield CLP is TOTALLY where it's at. End of story. I am going riding my H-D for the rest of the evening. Have a good one.

Best regards,
    George
    Last edited by gcfennell; 06-02-09 at 17:20.
    George C. Fennell
    Technical Director
    Steel Shield Technologies, Inc.- Weapon Shield
    www.steelshieldtech.com
    www.weaponshield.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gcfennell View Post
    Make sure that the grease you purchase is a "COMPLEX" and an "EP" (extreme pressure) grease. That way, you know you are getting the additive technology that will yield much better results than the old "run-of-the-mill" lithium soap.
    Check and check in the $2 tub.

I'll say again; you really dont need the Weapon Shield Grease unless you just prefer it or have a Garand/Ruger trap door action; OR unless you are running full auto M-249/50 Cal BMG and the like. Even on light and sub machine guns I recommend Weapon Shield CLP.
    I'm not going to disagree, except for the frame rails on Sigs, grease seems to be the only lube that prevents frame rail wear.

Personally my only concern is performance, but I don't blindly use a product, I enjoy experimenting when I can.

Feedback Score

Ditto

I'm not going to disagree, except for the frame rails on Sigs, grease seems to be the only lube that prevents frame rail wear.
    I highly suggest that you email me for a needle oiler sample of the WS-CLP. Just your mailing address is all I need. This goes for anyone wanting to give it a go. I will GUARANTEE that NO WEAR will or can occur with it's usage, and you can take that to the bank. I'll put my Weapon Shield where my mouth is, all the time.

gcfennell@steelshieldtech.com

Best regards,
    George
    George C. Fennell
    Technical Director
    Steel Shield Technologies, Inc.- Weapon Shield
    www.steelshieldtech.com
    www.weaponshield.com

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast