Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig 5.56 Pistol

Feedback Score

Sig 5.56 Pistol

Anyone seen the picture from the Shot Show of the new Sig 5.56 pistol? The thing looks very nice! Wonder what the price would be ??

Feedback Score

PM40
    I was on that ball this morning. I got an email from CS at Sig. They stated it was a proto-type only. Sorry but thats what they said. I do wish that Sig would update their dog gone web site.

Of course, since the volcano that is known as "MAGPUL MASADA", the "proto-type" status of the SIG556 pistol will change ASAP! Mark my words, they will offer this "Pistol" as you see it in 90 days or less. Plus they have to make their profit on the SIG556 while they can. Why? Because when the MASADA get's out and about, there is no chance for the SIG556, no sights to compete with the MASADA, got's everything!!!!

Feedback Score
    I like it better than the full size 556, hopefully they'll produce it and SBR is the only way to go....

Feedback Score
    I spoke to a rep at SHOT about this weapon and asked him whether it would be released to the public. He confirmed that it was a prototype but that given the response at the show, he thinks it will indeed be built. When I inquired about the price he stated that the weapon was essentially a 556 rifle with the stock chopped off. With that in mind I guessed a potential price of about $1k and he nodded in approval. All of the above being said - these AR pistols aren't my cup of tea.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pm40
    The thing looks very nice!
    Actually, it looks as retarded and useless as any pistol based off a semi-auto rifle.

But hey, its your money.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy196
    retarded and useless as any pistol based off a semi-auto rifle.
    Someone had to say it. Pistol ARs and Pistol 556s are nothing more than really loud range toys. They may be a lot of fun but only for the range. Save your money and buy a quality rifle!!
    "We need to get over the romance of aligning sights and get to the business of shooting smelly bearded men in the face more efficiently."
    Pat Rogers

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well I'm glad you two said it before me.

That "pistol" is the stupidest thing. Can you say "airsoft fans only"?

No offense to the posters here, but it's usually the video game and airsoft crowd that HAVE to have a Sig.

I just bought an AR pistol from my FFL yesterday. The only reason being that it's a 9mm 10.3" A1 upper on a LCW pistol lower. $600 out the door and I found out today that it's a Colt RO635 upper.

The Noveske will be SBRd and the LCW PO lower will be sold ASAP.

A TROS adapter will allow me to mount my suppressor to it and all will be right with the world.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    Well Im sorry you guys feel that way, this type of firearm is a comprimise weapon. (Dont have room for a carbine,need more than a pistol) I have a Kel-Tec PLR-16 with a Eotech,Insight Tech M6X laser/light combo,and a 1 pt sling installed. I sure wouldnt want to be within 50-100 yds from it. Air soft??? not sure what you mean by that?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I saw the thing at SHOT, and could have sworn I took a couple of pictures of it, but as I scroll back through my photos I can't find a single one. I guess that's how underwhelmed I was.

With that said, I do like the fact that they're making barrels/uppers for the pistol, as it makes for ready parts for those that want to SBR. With a side-folding stock (instead of the receiver extension AR stock, what idiot thought that up?) it would make for a very handy little gun.

Feedback Score
    Consider that pistol barrels are not regulated by the barrel import ban.

SIG just did the SBR guys a massive favor with out going through all of the added legal mumbo jumbo and extra costs of domestic production and custom fitting. To me, SIG just proved how far out of their way they're willing to go for civilian shooters.
    The luxury of freedom was not free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast