Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to find Hornady TAP 5.56

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo View Post
    Maybe because you got 308 and i asked for 5.56 who knows this was back in March
    I just put in an inquiry for some 556. I will notify you when I hear back from them.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    By far the best way to get 5.56 TAP if not an LEO is from an LEO friend. Nothing illegal about it as far as I or he know. That is where all of mine came from. I have not spoken to him in a little while, but I will see if he has any around. If so, he is a member here and can contact you via PM.

By the way, expect to pay a bit of a premium if you are lucky enough to find some. They don't cost today what they did when I stocked up a few years ago.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetyhit View Post
    By far the best way to get 5.56 TAP if not an LEO is from an LEO friend. Nothing illegal about it as far as I or he know. That is where all of mine came from. I have not spoken to him in a little while, but I will see if he has any around. If so, he is a member here and can contact you via PM.

By the way, expect to pay a bit of a premium if you are lucky enough to find some. They don't cost today what they did when I stocked up a few years ago.
    Well, I believe I am on the list of approved people who can buy it. I am waiting to hear back from Hornady. The LE distributor by me, which I am allowed to buy anything in there(some people they let in the front door are not allowed to buy much but clothes and stuff), does not stock it. I have not called them to see if they could get it for me, I am sure they can and will.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    The LE distributor by me, which I am allowed to buy anything in there(some people they let in the front door are not allowed to buy much but clothes and stuff), does not stock it. I have not called them to see if they could get it for me, I am sure they can and will.

So Hornady can get you some as well as your local outlet...what does this mean? Do you want help or not? I have already PM'd my friend for you, should I tell him to disregard?

Let's not waste anybody's time here.
    Last edited by Safetyhit; 06-02-09 at 19:42.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What does this mean? Do you want help or not? I have already PM'd my friend for you, should I tell him to disregard?

Let's not waste anybody's time here.
    I am really looking for a retail outlet to buy from.

I do not want to get your friend in trouble, which it seems that Hornady has taken away peoples ability to buy direct from them at discount prices for selling what they have bought from them, not that that would happen and I would not turn him in, but I am really just looking for a retail source to buy from, or get myself setup to buy from Hornady.
    Last edited by rjacobs; 06-02-09 at 19:55.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I am really looking for a retail outlet to buy from.

I do not want to get your friend in trouble, which it seems that Hornady has taken away peoples ability to buy direct from them at discount prices for selling what he has bought from them, not that that would happen and I would not turn him in, but I am really just looking for a retail source to buy from, or get myself setup to buy from Hornady.

I do not want to get my friend in trouble either. Everything we have done together is legal as far as we know, and we both did our due diligence. The chances of you finding a "retail" outlet for 5.56 TAP are essentially non-existent except for ammunitiontogo...sometimes.

Take what you can get at these troubled times, my good man. Let you know if I hear anything good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I do not want to get my friend in trouble either. Everything we have done together is legal as far as we know, and we both did our due diligence. The chances of you finding a "retail" outlet for 5.56 TAP are essentially non-existent except for ammunitiontogo...sometimes.

Take what you can get at these troubled times, my good man. Let you know if I hear anything good.
    There are posts over on TOS that say that Hornady has found out that people were doing this with the LE only ammuntion and banned them from buying direct any more. Some of the stuff they were talking about though was group buys on the 5.56, and Hornady bought some from the group buy, read the lot numbers, saw who bought it and banned them. The stuff on ammunitiontogo had the lot numbers removed from the boxes exactly for this reason.

This is the kind of stuff I dont want to get involved in, even if it means not being able to get any.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    There are posts over on TOS that say that Hornady has found out that people were doing this with the LE only ammuntion and banned them from buying direct any more. Some of the stuff they were talking about though was group buys on the 5.56, and Hornady bought some from the group buy, read the lot numbers, saw who bought it and banned them. The stuff on ammunitiontogo had the lot numbers removed from the boxes exactly for this reason.

This is the kind of stuff I dont want to get involved in, even if it means not being able to get any.

I will say that it has been over two years in fact since my friend and I conducted business. Perhaps something has changed since then, especially with the ammo shortage. He is a good man and was not looking for much profit (I knew), just to help others and cover shipping.

However assuming what you say above is true, I understand your concern. Good luck in your search.

Feedback Score
    Worse case scenario you could always get the regular Tap .223 or the Black Hills red box 75gr .223

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo View Post
    Worse case scenario you could always get the regular Tap .223 or the Black Hills red box 75gr .223
    I can get the regular TAP .223 75gr no problem and I am sure its much better than the XM193 I have right now. I think I can find the Black Hills stuff at Cabella's down here since nobody touches anything but the FMJ range ammo. I also read something about Buffalo Bore that it was pretty decent stuff. Cor Bon also seems to be ok. I carry Gold Dots in my .40 and tons of people have very high regard for gold dots in pistols, but not so much in rifles.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast