Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DPMS accuracy

Feedback Score
    Thanks. Nice to hear from someone sensible, who actually reads the posts and answers them. I have a Desert Eagle .50 10" bbl. with a Leupold 4X pistol scope on top. I absolutely love it and have taken numerous deer with it at 50 to 100 yards (never loses its zero either and that gun is PUNISHING to shoot), so I am leaning toward that brand for a rifle scope. Should be OK, I would think. Your thoughts?

Feedback Score
    Chrome lining does not improve accuracy in anyway. It is only there to help protect the barrel. For the most part it would actually decrease your accuracy.

DPMS uses quality barrels. One of the few things they do use that are quality. If you take care of it, it won't break. Seems like their newer BCG's are looking a lot better then the older ones.

MPI/Shot peening is useless in my opinion, but others will tell you different on here.

Feedback Score
    Leupy makes nice optics. The 4x would be fine or the new Mark AR 3-9x is around $300. My personal favorite for medium range optics is the Mueller TacII 3-10x. It's very durable, holds and returns to zero well, very crisp picture and can be found in the $250-$270 range. I believe they have a lifetime warranty, but I've never had one go bad.

T

Feedback Score
    Very good. Thanks for the input. I will check into Mueller. I do want something fairly compact with magnification out to 9 or 10x....might go flattop first, though, before putting a real scope on it.

Feedback Score
    I should have re-read your original post "A1". My mistake. I was thinking flat-top when I replied. I'm sure what ever solution you come up with will work just fine.

Best of luck,

T

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have very minimal experience with the DPMS brand, therefore I will make no comments on it's reliability or build quality.

Based on your statements, I would think it reasonable to expect similar accuracy at 100yds, and possibly tighter groups with the aid of magnified optics.

I think Leupy makes very nice optics ans that you would be very well served by one of their scopes.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RD62 View Post
    I think Leupy makes very nice optics ans that you would be very well served by one of their scopes.

-RD62
    I agree. And the prices aren't that steep.

Feedback Score
    My first AR was/is a DPMS. It ran nice tight groups with decent ammo. It probably has more than 3k rounds through it, no issues. If it runs, it runs, and if it is accurate, it is accurate. Don't sweat it. I would expect you will see some really good groups with some of the lighter Black Hills loadings. (52gr match HP, especially.)

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloMcFly View Post
    Hi Guys. This is my first post (and first AR). I have a DPMS panther lite, 16" bbl A1 config. I got these groups at 50 yards using a 20 year old Aimpoint 3000 on top of the carry handle; PMC cheap practice ammo. The bottom right group was the best of the day. I think the red dot is actually about 2 MOA, which is bigger than the best group by a fair amount. Based on this, once I get some glass with magnification, should I expect sub MOA from this barrel? Tell me what you think!
    For measuring groups, you generally want to use AT LEAST 5 shot's. Do that 4-5 times and take an average. Also, shoot groups at 100yds (50yds does not matter).

I would exect sub-moa performance.

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckmark View Post
    MPI/Shot peening is useless in my opinion, but others will tell you different on here.
    What?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast