Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: DPMS accuracy

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    How original, last bastion of the unimaginative.

Something reeks of trolling

Feedback Score
    Good point, I am dropping the reference now. Sorry, I just get really pissed at the way some people turn these discussions in their own private crusade against noobs, or the brands they like to denigrate.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloMcFly View Post
    Good point, I am dropping the reference now. Sorry, I just get really pissed at the way some people turn these discussions in their own private crusade against noobs, or the brands they like to denigrate.
    The errornet is full of incorrect/mis-information. Some of it was posted in this thread. M4C is not one of those forums that will allow false information to be spread by people that really do not know what they are talking about.

If you find that offensive, then you might be on the wrong forum.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 06-05-09 at 17:08.

Feedback Score
    I find elitism offensive, not facts. I see alot of both here, sometimes it's not so easy to tell the difference.

And arrogance is never convincing, imho...

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    These threads get to be annoying. First off, it has been pointed out that your method of gaging accuracy is flawed. DPMS is what it is. Spend some time reading around here rather than criticizing. Many of us take our weapons, ammo and gear seriously.

I am glad that you are happy with your DPMS, enjoy it. If you really wanted an accurate target rifle why didn't you just buy one, instead of expecting some miracle from a plain jane rifle?

I find elitism offensive, not facts. I see alot of both here, sometimes it's not so easy to tell the difference.

Last edited by Iraqgunz; 06-05-09 at 17:38.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Your safe then as there has been ZERO "elitism" here. Only the truth. For whatever reason, people often confuse the two.

I am also not here to convince you of anything. I am just here to make sure the truth is known.

For the record, I do not own and most likely will never own a Colt.

C4

Feedback Score
    I think you missed my point...it started as a simple question and turned into another cluster f#$...I explained myself and my purchase, just wanted some friendly feedback...not a lecture from all the "experts" about why I made a bad choice, blah blah blah. I am sure I will have a target rifle at some point, but I just thought a few shared opinions on my experience thus far would be positive. If in doubt, actually read the posts before answering...

Feedback Score
    Iraq-guy:
    I think you missed my point...it started as a simple question and turned into another cluster f#$...I explained myself and my purchase, just wanted some friendly feedback...not a lecture from all the "experts" about why I made a bad choice, blah blah blah. I am sure I will have a target rifle at some point, but I just thought a few shared opinions on my experience thus far would be positive. If in doubt, actually read the posts before answering...
    Grant:
    Thanks for that. You did come down kinda heavy, and I am not responsive to that.

Feedback Score
    I guess we are no longer discussing “DPMS Accuracy” and somehow made the change to “What is offensive for $500”. This started because a users signature line contained the word “retarded” and yet no effort has been made to get back to the original topic so here goes...

Softening the language does not somehow change the condition. It may make it easier for individuals to cope with their situation, but it doesn't change it. My father is in his 80's and is suffering from dementia, which is nothing more than a synonym for “insanity” and “madness”. I assure you that putting a softer label on his condition does not make it any easier for any of the family when it's time to change his diaper, remind him that year is 2009 and WWII has been over for quite some time or take the time to reintroduce yourself to your own parent.

As for "special needs" that is a cop out for people who find "retarded" distasteful or offensive, however accurate it may be. Merriam-Webster defines retarded as "slow or limited in intellectual or emotional development or academic progress". I have also seen the definition listed as "to be held back...". Race cars used to use a device called an "ignition retard switch", which allowed the ignition timing to be adjusted plus or minus some degree of top dead center for finer tuning of an engine in different operating conditions.

I find it far more harmful for a society to bastardize the language and turn the word "special" into into meaning something other than:

1: distinguished by some unusual quality ; especially : being in some way superior.
    2: held in particular esteem.

If your child is "retarded" changing the description to "special needs" does not suddenly turn his "hockey helmet" into a "thinking cap" and as for the members of our society that have become reflexively offended by any word they do not view as a compliment I suggest you get your own hockey helmet, since you are obviously of "limited intellectual or emotional development", and struggling “intellectually” and “emotionally” to cope with the reality of your situation.

Instead of commenting on the authors signature, would your time not have been better spent addressing the content of hist post. Which if I read it correctly was trying to redirect the discussion back to the original subject of this topic “DPMS Accuracy”.

If anyone finds this post offensive, tough.

T

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    You also got your question answered fully. You are not shooting at the right distance to get an accurate idea and you are shooting too few rounds.

If you like your DPMS, then great. I am sure it will fit your needs perfectly.

C4

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast