Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rear Sight Movement on carry handle

Feedback Score
    Yes, I did notice the spring tension. Makes sense. Thanks.
    Over analysis can be dangerous.

Feedback Score
    yep.. I have an LMT buis. does the same thing too.
    www.cpra.ph
    Cebu Pistol and Rifle Association

Feedback Score
    Every AR I've ever owned has been that way to varying degrees, regardless of brand.
    "If I must choose between peace and righteousness, I choose righteousness" - Theodore Roosevelt

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Rotated rear sight base

Hard core service rifle competitors go beyond the shim; they have the sight base fitted with 2 vertical pins that keep the sight base from rotating, and tracking perfectly straight vertically as it moves. Check out White Oak. Had it done to my Colt Hbar. Done not for looks, but for precise repeatability when adjusting over various distances, wind conditions. Over kill for a weapon where iron sights are backup to RDS or scope, in my humble opinion. Not overkill if irons are all you use.

Mark

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    This movement is normal. Because a spring loaded detent keeps constant pressure on the sight assy, the sight is contained in a consistent position. If your anal it will irk you, but in no way effects function, unless your shooting in rifle matches. While in the Marines, most of the rifles in my armory had some degree of movement in the rear sight. Marines still managed to qualify on the rifle range with no problems attributed to the rear sight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12