Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: eye pro

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

eye pro

looking to buy some shooting glasses. preferably around 100.00 or less. best bang for the buck. for the range and classes in the future. i was looking at wiley x sg-1 and xl-1 and the g-eye which are ugly. not that it matters if they offer more than the others.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have Oakley Half Jackets, that until recently were pulling duty for every day use and as shooting glasses. The lenses are easily replaceable so I can adjust them to different lighting conditions. The biggest down side to these was the thick frame that runs across the top. If the glasses were not perfectly positioned on my face I would get some distortion when trying to look through the top of the lenses - this happened especially when shooting from the prone position.

However, recently I picked up two pairs of Oakley SI M-Frame arrays. They have a thinner frame that sits MUCH higher on the face so it doesn't interfere with your eye sight in shooting position. Now I can spend more time lining up the sights and working the trigger rather than pushing my glasses up my face. It isn't that the Half Jackets are terrible, they are actually great glasses. It is just that the M-Frames are that much better.

I highly recommend the Oakley M-Frames or similar type glasses.

Feedback Score
    Here is a review I did of the ESS ICE Kit, overall I cannot think of a better bang for the buck. If you were RX this is the best option I have ever used.

http://mail.myptsmail.com/mercop/blog/?p=256

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have half jackets and love them, but I have been toying around with getting a set of "Transitions" shooting glasses... The ones that darken in more light... Good for indoor and outdoor shooting applications...

Anyone have this? Any suggestions...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VTLO910 View Post
    I have half jackets and love them, but I have been toying around with getting a set of "Transitions" shooting glasses... The ones that darken in more light... Good for indoor and outdoor shooting applications...

Anyone have this? Any suggestions...
    My dad, who is an avid golfer, love his transition Half Jackets.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewdanger View Post
    However, recently I picked up two pairs of Oakley SI M-Frame arrays. They have a thinner frame that sits MUCH higher on the face so it doesn't interfere with your eye sight in shooting position. Now I can spend more time lining up the sights and working the trigger rather than pushing my glasses up my face. It isn't that the Half Jackets are terrible, they are actually great glasses. It is just that the M-Frames are that much better.

I highly recommend the Oakley M-Frames or similar type glasses.
    I've been using the M-Frames for years. I have a pair of Gascans and some Oakley titanium wireframe sunglasses (can't remember which model), but for shooting I prefer the M-Frames (I also own 2 pair). At a recent pistol match as an SO I got hit with a ricochet in the right cheek just below the eye. It also nicked the lens and put a small scratch on it, but no other damage to the lens. Needless to say, I will not use that lens anymore but I will replace it and keep on shooting with the M-Frames.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    where is a good place to get the oakleys? are you guys talking about si m-frames? they seem to be well over 100.00. noone likes wiley x? not in the same league as oakley i guess? i've wondered about the ICE glasses as well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Revision Sawfly for me

Revision, ESS and Oakley are all in the APEL list, so you can go wrong with one of them.
    btw Oakley is the only one of the 3 that doesnt take RX insert.
    *** Damn Proud to Be an American Ally ! ***

The Armory:
    Colt 6601 - Colt 6731 - Colt 613 - Steyr StG.58 - M1 Carbine - Galil SAR - CZ Scorpion EVO - Franchi PA8 - Glock 17 - Pietta/Colt SAA 1873 - SA 1911A1 Mil Spec - Ruger LCP

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Native Eyewear. I wear the Silencer, and have had my current set since summer '06. They've seen some hard use, countless lens changeovers, and are still going strong.

You get several sets of lenses with each frame, all but the clears are polarized, they have WAY less distortion than anything ESS puts out, and you don't have to blow $60-100 to get new or spare lenses like you do with Oakleys.

No, I'm not busting Oakleys. I love my Flak Jackets, too, but I don't love what I have to pay for polarized bronze lenses, so I don't use them except for specific things.

http://www.extremeoutfitters.us/sear...manufacturer=8
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    +1 on Native Eyewear.

I have a pair of Dash XR's that are a great bang for the buck. REI Outlet had them for $60 - they come with a hard case, 4 sets of interchangeable lenses (orange, yellow, clear and polarized grey), soft pouch and retention lanyard.

If the XR's or XP's come around again, I'll probably pick up another pair as a spare.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast