Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: eye pro

Feedback Score
    At range:

ESS ICE 2x

ED wear:
    Oakley Flak Jacket
    Last edited by turan tactical; 01-21-11 at 08:20.

Feedback Score
    I use a pair of Wiley-X B-2's (unfortunately they're discontinued now) that I picked up at the Blackwater Pro Shop back in '03. I have the polarized lenses, a set of rust lenses and a set of clear lenses. They're great glasses; if they still made them, I'd get myself another pair. Right now I'm looking at a pair of Oakley Flak Jackets for every day wear...

ETA: I just checked out the Wiley-X website, it looks like the new Guard model will be a suitable replacement for my B-2's...
    Last edited by 709bubblehead; 01-21-11 at 09:40.

Feedback Score
    So I'm in the market for a pair of shooting glasses, and they will be used for training and range work. I tried on the Flak Jackets, and really liked them.

But I've also been hearing really good things about Rudy Project Rydons. I was wondering if I could get input on how the two compare. Slightly leaning toward the Flak Jackets because they can double as everyday sunglasses, but Rudy Project's lens replacement sounds enticing as well.
    Last edited by Kuro Ookami; 05-15-11 at 18:50.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro Ookami View Post
    So I'm in the market for a pair of shooting glasses, and they will be used for training and range work. I tried on the Flak Jackets, and really liked them.

But I've also been hearing really good things about Rudy Project Rydons. I was wondering if I could get input on how the two compare. Slightly leaning toward the Flak Jackets because they can double as everyday sunglasses, but Rudy Project's lens replacement sounds enticing as well.
    I have the Oakley Straight Jacket and the Rudy Project Magster.

On the Oakley.SJ I've had for about three (3) years now, the lens are interchangeable. These are more inline with what people associate as sunglasses.

The Rudy Project Magsters are very well built and I'm more than satisfied with them. These are the ones I've been using as of late with the Impactx Photochromic Red lens. These lenses on these allow me to drive with it on during the evening.

Overall, I like them both and do use them; lightweight and comfortable all the way around and not a "feel" of "cheap[ness]" on these two eyepros.

Hope you find what you're looking for!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123