Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SBR Bbl Options Please....

Feedback Score

SBR Bbl Options Please....

What options does one have, when looking for a CHF 11.5" bbl for an SBR build?
    Noveske N4? Have they ever been available as bbls only, without FSB? I realize Noveske hasn't made an 11.5", but I could chop one down if need be.

Forgetting about CHF bbls for a minute, how about SBR bbls in general, at this time? Are there any available? Who's got em?
    As stated, ideally, I'd REALLY like to find an 11.5" CHF'd bbl with low pro GB, or no GB (or FSB) at all, and just do the pinning of a low pro GB myself.
    What are my options?

For now, a complete Noveske N4 10.5" upper seems to be my only find. Other than a complete 6933, which I am also considering (but isn't CHF'd of course)
    Thanks for any help....
    Last edited by Razorhunter; 06-20-09 at 17:55.
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Daniel Defense has a new MK18 10.3" Hammer Forged barrel set to be released.

I believe they come without FSB as that is how they are pictured in the literature I have on had.

I don't know the specifics of the profile, but from the picture I can tell it is lighter under the handguards and heavier in front of the FSB.

Good luck in your search!

-RD62

Feedback Score
    Bravo Company has 11.5 SS 1/8 barrels in stock. SS410 material.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-1...%2011ss410.htm
    Peace, Jerry

I don't drink the koolaid

Feedback Score
    Still looking for options here for an 11.5" CHF'd bbl WITHOUT FSB guys. IF it were to have a FSB on it, I suppose I would still consider it, but honestly, I'm looking for a NEW 11.5" CHF'd bbl without any FSB having ever been attached.

ALSO, I'm looking for a 16" CARBINE length CHF'd bbl as well. This one must be a LW profile, or close to it.

I think someone mentioned Centurion? Arms bbls to me recently? Not sure. I have no experience with them.
    Am I correct that most bbls that are CHF'd are usually very high quality (not because of the CHF'ing, but rather because most companies that offer CHF'd bbls, are usually top notch quality manufacturers, rather) ?? Is this correct for the most part?

Just really trying to find the above two bbls in stock, ready for purchase. Thanks for any more options guys.
    Heck, IF I cannot find a CHF'd 11.5", then I might settle for a standard CL'd 11.5" bbl that's not CHF'd.
    Thanks for any help.
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    Does anyone from DD have any more info on the MK18 barrel?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Here is the info I got from DD:

They will be chrome lined, 1:7 twist with a M4 profile. They will not come with a front sight base or a gas block. They will be completely stripped to start with and hopefully later down the road we will be able to offer them with those accessories.

Retail listed as $359 for the 16" no price on the SBR.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    I had that length barrel put onto an M16 I had built years ago. On full auto the fireball at night was about 3 feet long, and about 18 inches in diameter...truly impressive. The noise was so horrendous I was going to swap it out for an MP5, when someone suggested that simply getting a suppressor would be more cost effective.

I got the suppressor, and the overall length was about 1-2 inches shorter than a regular sized M16 rifle. It was a really neat setup, and with the suppressor, the fireball was gone (mostly), of course sound abated, and controlability went way up.

But with that length barrel noise and muzzle flash were really something without a suppressor.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by noone View Post
    I had that length barrel put onto an M16 I had built years ago. On full auto the fireball at night was about 3 feet long, and about 18 inches in diameter...truly impressive. The noise was so horrendous I was going to swap it out for an MP5, when someone suggested that simply getting a suppressor would be more cost effective.

I got the suppressor, and the overall length was about 1-2 inches shorter than a regular sized M16 rifle. It was a really neat setup, and with the suppressor, the fireball was gone (mostly), of course sound abated, and controlability went way up.

But with that length barrel noise and muzzle flash were really something without a suppressor.

Uh.. WHAT is "that length bbl" referring to? We have no idea what you are talking about when you speak like this. "THAT length" could mean any length aforementioned in this thread. - ????
    ??????
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    OK, sorry about that..in the first entry that started this thread the writer mentioned an 11.5 inch barrel. That is the length I was responding to. My bad for thinking that the first posting on the thread was what we should be talking about and responding to. I'll be more clear in the future so nobody gets confused or has to ask me for clarification.

Feedback Score
    Grant @ G&R did a recent build for me with a special order 11.5" Noveske N4 barrel.
    http://https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=29758

Here's a couple of photos...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast