Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Foul Weather Handguns

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Looey View Post
    Sorry for not answering your question right away, If you are asking what kind of 1911 were the ones that i have seen go down, my answer would be pretty much anyone that has made it down here.
    we had Les Baers, Wilson, NightHawk, Kimber, Springfield and Colts go down for diferent issues.
    I love 1911's for me they are the Smoothes shooting guns ever made, the triggers can be tuned, trigger press is straight to the rear, you can have a mag well and many other things.
    With that said i would not pick them as my go to gun, they just require a lot of know how to keep them running plus they require more maintenance.
    I own a Springfield Armory TRP/OPERATOR that was tuned by Quantico's WTBN Precision Weapons Shop and is by far one of the sweetest things i have ever shot but even then my carry is a G19.
    once again just my humble opinion.
    Thanks for the more detailed write up. It wasn't expecting that.

J_W777, Oh I wasn't looking for a "a'ha! All of them were cheap ass Kimbers!" type of answer by any means. I know the 1911 is still just another platform in the vast array of tools at the ready of individuals. It takes a more dedicated individual to appreciate, understand and use it to its full potential but I was more/less curious as to what went down (1911, Glock, M&P, Sig etc) as far as overall platform vs specific models. Appreciate your answer too BTW.

But even with the "problems" of the 1911, it's not enough for me to write them off . As I said, I was just curious as to what he saw go down as platform vs specifics. Mainly cuz I'm very curious on the M&P series ...lol
    It is not length of life, but depth of life. - Emerson
    My boy Ducks fav quote - RIP brother

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Glock 19, it is the sidearm I choose to carry.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567