Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Military Grade Build

Feedback Score

RRA

Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant
    Agree. An LMT lower with LMT LPK is superior to RRA IMHO.

As other have stated, BCM is a no go for awhile (read many months). Go with LMT.

C4
    Not being beligerant but, as you know I have an RRA and ineviatbley(sp) they get thrashed and I wonder why. So, what is your problem with RRA lowers specifically?
    Thanks, Mike

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike01ta
    Not being beligerant but, as you know I have an RRA and ineviatbley(sp) they get thrashed and I wonder why. So, what is your problem with RRA lowers specifically?
    Thanks, Mike
    RRA stripped lowers are fine I think. We are mainly talking about the internals.

I would NEVER buy a complete lower from RRA for several reason's, but mainly because they use non mil-spece RE's and to make matters worse, they loctite them on.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thompson1774
    I would like to build a military grade M-4 copy. I am thinking of using the below listed parts and a RRA lower. RRA Lowers fit tightly and I don't like the sloppy upper/lower fit. That is the only reason that I'm using them.

BCM 16in, 1-7 Twist, M-4 Upper
    RRA LPK
    CMT or LMT BCG
    CMT Collapsable Buttstock
    H-2 or H-3 Buffer

Any opinions to the contrary, or am I headed in the right direction?
    Pretty sure the RR LPK and CMT LPKs are one in the same so you could save a buck or two there...

I'd see G&R for that new BC group Grant is putting together

Not that there was anything wrong with your choices at all...

You might ask whoever supplies your stripped upper and lower to pick you out
    a matching set for fit and color...

If you have your heart set on RR....Brownells has a 10% off sale going on and they do carry the Rock River "Match" paired uppers and lowers...

The code to get the discount is... C1T

hth
    It is legal to hunt, kill, and eat porcupines, armadillos and badgers in Texas.

Feedback Score

Trigger,RE

RRA stripped lowers are fine I think. We are mainly talking about the internals.

I would NEVER buy a complete lower from RRA for several reason's, but mainly because they use non mil-spece RE's and to make matters worse, they loctite them on.

C4
    My RE was not mil-spec but luckily it was not loctited and came right off. Replaced it with a CAA which is milspec. Have you seen problems with the 2 stage triggers like I have or just the regular GI type they use?
    Thanks, Mike
    Last edited by mike01ta; 01-18-07 at 15:59. Reason: poor english

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike01ta
    My RE was not mil-spec but luckily it was not loctited and came right off. Replaced it with a CAA which is milspec. Have you seen problems with the 2 stage triggers like I have or just the regular GI type they use?
    Thanks, Mike
    The RRA two stage triggers tend to shoot out and become single stage triggers (this happened to mine). This is why you see a lot of companies (like ADCO) offer "fixes" for them.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The RRA two stage triggers tend to shoot out and become single stage triggers (this happened to mine). This is why you see a lot of companies (like ADCO) offer "fixes" for them.

C4
    Grant,
    I have a RRA 2-stage trigger- would mind explaining in detail how/why they "shoot out"? Also could you provide a good alternative in the same price range?
    Thanks,
    Dave

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raining Brass
    Grant,
    I have a RRA 2-stage trigger- would mind explaining in detail how/why they "shoot out"? Also could you provide a good alternative in the same price range?
    Thanks,
    Dave
    They basically become one, long single stage trigger.

There really aren't any options that any better in that price range.

To the best of my knowledge, there are only two combat rated, two stage triggers. They are the KAC and the Geissele. Something to consider if your using your AR for home defense for duty.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They basically become one, long single stage trigger.

There really aren't any options that any better in that price range.

To the best of my knowledge, there are only two combat rated, two stage triggers. They are the KAC and the Geissele. Something to consider if your using your AR for home defense for duty.

C4
    Geissele makes 3 different styles right- the service one is the one I would need correct?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raining Brass
    Geissele makes 3 different styles right- the service one is the one I would need correct?

They make a DM trigger and that is the one that I use. Any of them should serve you though.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They make a DM trigger and that is the one that I use. Any of them should serve you though.

C4
    for $280...it better be the best on the market! Have you tried the Timmeny yet?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast