Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .380 FMJ for a BUG

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
    Belated Update:

It was the Ruger LCP.

Jammed about once every 4-5 rounds fired.He's also have a hard time finding ammo for it of any kind(apparently .380 is in demand right now).

It's his back-up to a .40 Taurus.After our trip to the range he seemed quite impressed with my M&Pc.I wouldnt be surprised to see him ditch both for a M&Pc of his own.
    380 is getting more available around here, but you have to work hard to find it. Online also.

If he has consistent feeding problems, a trip to the factory is in order. After the recall processing, finicky feeding issues seem to have diminished. Mine has always eaten everything I feed it without complaint, before and after recall processing.

Love my M&P 45c. Wont carry it until I can get a Crimson Trace LaserGrip for it.
    Howard
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense
    If it is to be it is up to me

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post

If he has consistent feeding problems, a trip to the factory is in order. After the recall processing, finicky feeding issues seem to have diminished. Mine has always eaten everything I feed it without complaint, before and after recall processing.
    I'll pass it on.I'm not sure if he was even aware of a recall.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
    I'll pass it on.I'm not sure if he was even aware of a recall.
    Invite him to join us at http://LCPforum.com/ to best keep on top of great LCP advice.
    Howard
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense
    If it is to be it is up to me

Feedback Score
    Buffalo Bore is making a pretty stout .380 that is spendy, too. But it might work. Might also be pretty lively in an LCP!
    http://www.buffalobore.com/index.php...t_detail&p=127
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. " _ Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score

Winchester product number Q4206
    Last edited by Shawn Dodson; 07-20-09 at 10:09.
    Shawn Dodson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Goodwin View Post
    Buffalo Bore is making a pretty stout .380 that is spendy, too. But it might work. Might also be pretty lively in an LCP!
    http://www.buffalobore.com/index.php...t_detail&p=127
    If you use a FMJ or FP projectile, there hardly seems to be any reason to go to really high velocities. Pretty much any standard FMJ loaded to normal velocities will penetrate sufficiently.

Feedback Score
    Anyone tried the Buffalo Bore 380 Auto +P Ammo - 100 gr?

Feedback Score
    I have some Spanish Santa Barbara .380 and some German DAG-AB. Both are loaded pretty hot for .380. Both are semi jacketed flat points with sealed primers. Nice stuff. The german stuff has a little hollow point in the lead flat point. I don't know if it actually expands a little or is just for show. Shoots real nice in my .380 Makarov which seems to be made for hotter .380 ammo. Don't know if this stuff is still available. Luckily I stocked up on a couple cases of each a little while back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12