Thread: Magpul MBUIS?

Feedback Score
    19 (88%)

Magpul MBUIS?

Hello gentlemen, I am in the process of a new build( BCM M4 upper, Colt LE lower) and I ordered a MBUIS. I have not heard much about the sight and its performance. Has anyone had any experience using this particular rear sight?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you search the forums for "MBUS" you will get 121 threads. There has been a lot of discussion about them.

Here's one recent thread
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=30915

Feedback Score
    I got the rear MBUS. And it feels pretty solid. The price is prety decent too. I've used it and put 200 rds on my carbine with it on. No problems whatsoever. If you're looking to get a BUS and still have money for extra goodies, MBUS gets my vote.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I think the MBUS is a terrific value!

I like the same plane aperatures, and that they lock down, but not up, and that they are spring deployed.

I believe the drastic price difference compared to more conventional "iron" sights to be related to less expensive material cost, and molding versus machining.

I have been very pleased with mine thus far.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kyrin88 View Post
    Hello gentlemen, I am in the process of a new build( BCM M4 upper, Colt LE lower) and I ordered a MBUIS. I have not heard much about the sight and its performance. Has anyone had any experience using this particular rear sight?
    I've had a set since early April. I'm not being at all nice to them. They're doing well. Get you some and see what you think.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I also have a Magpul MBUS and have been real happy with it, Solid sight, I also have a couple of other machined BUIS and have the MBUS on my GO TO M4. Some here and on other Forums will state, that since it is not machined from aluminum, it can't be durable, I say what ever it takes to tear up the Magpul will also tear up any other flip sight.

Feedback Score
    Are they really "same plane"? I was looking at a set today and it seemed the small aperture nested eccentrically in the large one (i.e. had a higher center).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Are they really "same plane"? I was looking at a set today and it seemed the small aperture nested eccentrically in the large one (i.e. had a higher center).
    That's what I thought too.
    Back in the land of Waffle House and sweet tea!!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Gentleman, perhaps my perception is wrong. And to be quite honest I don't really use the small aperture anyway. They do nest, but it seemed to me that the centers of the apertures were the same. If I am mistaken I apologize.

-RD62