Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FN SCAR trigger...

Feedback Score

FN SCAR trigger...

Ok I like everything about the SCAR except it's horribly heavy trigger. The one I tried had a trigger in the 8 pound range. I understand it is a "military weapon" but GOOD GRIEF, none of my M16s ever had a trigger this heavy.

I looked over the lower and the dimensions appear that it will NOT accept aftermarket AR parts. So I wonder how long before someone comes out with an aftermarket trigger?

IPSC_GUY
    SIERRA II ALPHA

Feedback Score
    I really don't like the SCAR. For me the XCR is a much better rifle, and the FAL trumps them all.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by killswitch1982 View Post
    I really don't like the SCAR. For me the XCR is a much better rifle, and the FAL trumps them all.
    Sorry... was this thread about the XCR or the FAL?

Back to the original subject and @IPSC_GUY, I cannot help but wonder if the trigger will lighten a bit over time and with increasing round count as the the trigger smooths itself out a bit. I handled a friend's FN-SCAR just a few days ago and we too were commenting on the heavy trigger.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I can't comment on the civilian SCAR triggers, but all the mil versions I dealt with were acceptable.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wow, thanks for the insight!

I don't know if it varies from sample to sample, but the SCAR I played around with had an acceptable trigger for what the weapon is to me and that is a GP carbine. It wasn't great by any means, certainly not fit for an SPR roll, but it was nicer than the Colt 6920 I handled immediately after. I think there would be a good market for a modular drop in trigger in the future given FN produces and sells more of these weapons.

Feedback Score
    I haven't shot the civi SCAR, but I did shoot a select fire model earlier this year when a rep was showing it off.

I didn't think the trigger was bad from what I recall. About on par with a mil grade AR15 trigger.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Predictable.....

As far as the trigger on the SCAR is concerned, I too wasn't thrilled with the trigger action straight out of the box. However, after 300-400 rounds it seems to feel better. It's nowhere near a tuned trigger, but it does now seem to be smoother than some of the factory triggers on some of my other ARs. It's noticably smoother than the factory trigger on my 6920.
    Last edited by mgpatty; 06-20-09 at 15:03.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Be nice if Geissele made a SSA for the SCAR platform, I think we will need to see a substantial number of rifles in civy hands first.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Does the scar use the same hammer/trigger springs as the AR15?

If so, could one modify the trigger with lighter springs themselves?

Im sure its not recommended but..well..shrug. At this time there are no other alternatives other than to deal with it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Does the scar use the same hammer/trigger springs as the AR15?
    Dont think so.

Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast