Thread: Glock 21?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Glock 21?

Happy Father's Day everyone.

I have been using a Beretta 96F for about 7 years and want to change to .45 ACP. I am thinking about a Glock 21 which is in my price range. Does anyone have any PRO and Cons about a 21? Does anyone else have one? What say you?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    They are discussed here quite frequently. I love mine. If you have small hands, you may try the G21SF instead.

Here's a recent thread: http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=32146

Feedback Score
    I have the G21SF. I love that thing. Still kinda big but hey it will get the job done.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Thanks for the input. I can't wait to get mine and try it out.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ga Shooter View Post
    I have been using a Beretta 96F for about 7 years and want to change to .45 ACP.
    First question: Why? What specifically are you looking to get out of .45 ACP?

I ask for several reasons:

- modern 9mm defensive ammo performs extremely well
    - the cost of .45 ACP ammo is considerably higher, which leads to less training for many folks
    - the availability of .45 ACP ammo is pretty poor right now, which doesn't help the cost factor much either

I am thinking about a Glock 21 which is in my price range. Does anyone have any PRO and Cons about a 21?
    Well, they are big weapons that many people struggle to use well. I don't know many people who can conceal a G21 anywhere near as well as something like a G19 or M&P.

Do you have any trigger time on one? I would strongly suggest getting some before committing to the purchase.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I have a G36 for concealed carry. I am not going to get into a discussion on caliber because I think training is way more important than caliber IMHO and that if you place your shots correctly that any quality firearm with quality ammo will do the trick. I don't currently own a 9mm in anything so I like to stay with .40 and .45 because I have several.

Feedback Score
    I like my G21 but the big grip takes some getting used to (I like my 1911 far better). The Glock grip angle combined with the longer .45 ACP cartridge makes for a long reach to the trigger for many people, and the double stack makes it wide.

That said - the Beretta 92/96 is far from a small/slim gripped pistol, if you shoot that well you may well find the G21 grip easy enough to adapt to.