Thread: Any Shrike owners out there?

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)

Any Shrike owners out there?

Would like to get some feedback or bang some questions on different combinations of compoents used to keep them running well.
    Glocks are functional tools and nothing else, hence they have no soul - Rob S.

Feedback Score
    Do you own one? I understand they are extremely hard to find and people who paid deposits have been waiting for years.

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    Yep - just testing the waters here if anybody else has one to maybe start a what works/what doesn't FAQ.

I guess this is not the place for these.

Feedback Score
    I'm sooooo envious.

Feedback Score
    please share your pics, opinions, and experiences with the shrike, I've only heard of them and very interested in it.

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    It is FUN! Naturally this in conjunction with an RDIAS. I use it with an MGI lower - the lowers that have the interchangable magwells. The bolt release has to have its head chopped off since the upper receiver is very thick and the charging bar rides just above it on the left. This way I can quickly go between magwells for the Shrike and any other upper with the bolt release in tact.

One gotcha is using tight links. Mine tends to jam. Fairly trouble free if you are careful, handlinking one round at a time, ensuring you link freely. I went through pains with a linker only to fire several rounds before it became a jam-o-matic. No problems with regular good old magazines. Runs very clean without a can, piston has 3 different setting to compensate for weak/hot ammo as well "adverse" conditions. That piston setting knob is on the left of the barrel - similar to a FAL.

I want to start to play around with different buffer springs, buffer weights, etc. Not thrilled with the Elcan scope, honestly think an Aimpoint M2(2x) might work well or even the dreaded CQT.

The QD barrels are simply great. Lock the bolt back, push the button right under the front of the scope and virtually drops free. The kids got me the "OV-GLOVE" to help in removing cans and barrels for it. Oh, and it does get hot in full auto, especially with the suppressor on. The new ones have rails on the foregrip. I ended up taking the handguard off the bottom of mine installing a rail for the grip-pod or a harris that I throw on.

Some pics of the toy - one barrel I have a QD AAC flash hider for an M4-2000 can.
    Attachment 2699

Attachment 2700