Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What type/kind of 22lr should I get?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck 27 View Post
    Congrats on the OPs Spikes conversion. Good choice.

I have been told the CCI Mini-mags also work well in the Spikes conversions.
    I've only shot CCI Mini-Mags and Federal bulk in my CMMG conversion, and it's cycled 100%.

Bimmer

Feedback Score
    Winchester 333's work also.
    I'm the Right-Wing Extremist
    Obama warned you about!

Feedback Score
    personally i do NOT like the Spikes, i see no difference in it than the Ciener , the bullet still has to "jump" quite a distance before it reaches the rifling.
    the TacSol is my first choice, even over the new Colt M4 Carbine .22 Tactical Rimfire
    which i bought yesterday !!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OldNavyGuy View Post
    personally i do NOT like the Spikes, i see no difference in it than the Ciener , the bullet still has to "jump" quite a distance before it reaches the rifling.
    the TacSol is my first choice, even over the new Colt M4 Carbine .22 Tactical Rimfire
    which i bought yesterday !!

Our dedicated uppers have no jump. Most Conversions have a jump.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikes-Rep View Post
    Our dedicated uppers have no jump. Most Conversions have a jump.
    sorry sir for the misunderstanding, but from the photos posted there still looks as though the .223/5.56mm chamber thingy looks exactly like the Ciener conversion, if you would please, post a definition of it's functionality or direct me to the site where i can become more informed of your system.

thank you

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OldNavyGuy View Post
    ... from the photos posted there still looks as though the .223/5.56mm chamber thingy looks exactly like the Ciener conversion
    You're looking at photos of the CONVERSION. You're right, it has the same kind of chamber insert.

He's talking about Spike's DEDICATED UPPER, which can't be used for .223/5.56 (it's "dedicated" to .22lr), and doesn't need a chamber insert. Hence, no "jump."

Bimmer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    You're looking at photos of the CONVERSION. You're right, it has the same kind of chamber insert.

He's talking about Spike's DEDICATED UPPER, which can't be used for .223/5.56 (it's "dedicated" to .22lr), and doesn't need a chamber insert. Hence, no "jump."

Bimmer
    aaaaaaaahh !! thank you sir, sometimes it takes a 2X4 to really get my attention, i will definitely check it out, i have lived with "conversions" of some sort or another for 20 or so years and now that the industry has finally caught up with what the customer has wanted for many years, everyone now is jumping on the .22LR band wagon, i am looking at buying 2 or 3 more of different Mfgrs., i like all steel barrels.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12