Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
The "Inch" or "Commonwealth" pattern rifles have better ergonomics than the metric rifles; the selector is larger and easier to use, the cocking handle folds flat against the receiver, and the magazine release is larger and easier to hit.

Having said that, DSA will sell you an Inch style selector for the metric rifles, and you can also get a folding cocking handle for a metric rifle as well.

It really depends on what you're looking for in the rifle. The metric rifles have so many spare parts and accessories on the market for them that the Inch pattern rifles are generally relegated to a "fun" rifle, something to have because you want it. They are very serviceable, but there is a lack of spare parts and accessories for them.
While the above is accurate, I do suggest you try Inch vs. Metric if possible before you buy. I like inch selectors, but I can't stand the inch furniture. The Metric fits me better, to the point that I don't even shoot my Inch patterns anymore, except the heavy barrel.
As to receivers, I have 17 FAL's, with builds on Imbel, Century, DSA, and old Entreprise. All work flawlessly, but thats due to the quality of the build.

Davesrb