Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Teach me about the FAL

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2 View Post
    Well they seem very popular on FalFiles. Many people ( like any mags ) buy them and seem to sit on them. I have seen very few reports of people really using them...
    Yeah, that lines up with what I've seen, but I don't think I'm comfortable counting anybody on the Files are an unbiased source apart from the surly Arizona Response FAL smith guy who knows his shit and will say what he thinks (but I haven't seen speak to these mags).

By and large, the FAL demographic these days seems like more of a collectors and occasional range shooters group than folks who are taking their guns to classes. At least that's what it looks like to my ignorant self.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would concur. It's a great old rifle and I would not feel outgunned if it's what I was holding at the time.....but it's not the rifle of choice for classes. I do love shooting one though!

T

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Will_Power View Post
    By and large, the FAL demographic these days seems like more of a collectors and occasional range shooters group than folks who are taking their guns to classes. At least that's what it looks like to my ignorant self.
    I would argue this is true for ALL gun owners, not just us FALers. There are still plenty of us shooting this old girl.

Last edited by Matt in TN; 11-23-15 at 06:36. Reason: Fixing video link

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt in TN View Post
    I would argue this is true for ALL gun owners, not just us FALers. There are still plenty of us shooting this old girl.
    How the hell did you hide the cape in your shadow. Well done.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Outstanding!!! We do a FALfest in Oregon and put on 3 Gun type events and its great! We did a "jungle run" one year that was very cool!! But nothing like that!! I would love to come down and participate!!

T
    Last edited by tat2; 12-01-15 at 20:38.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

AWESUM!
    What optic?
    How did you decide on it?
    What is your opinion on it?
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2 View Post
    Outstanding!!! We do a FALfest in Oregon and put on 3 Gun type events and its great! We did a "jungle run" one year that was very cool!! But nothing like that!! I would love to come down and participate!!

T
    Hello Tat2! I've heard a lot about you, and hope to come to an Oregon shoot one day. Brunop is joining me for this match in Oklahoma this January, so we 'll try to do you guys proud. It's already sold out for this year, but we'd love to have you join us another time. I've heard stories about how well you shoot -

The scope is a Leupold VX-HOG, and I've been very happy with it. Light weight and simplicity were some of my main concerns, along with ruggedness and a 1-4 power range. Full review is here: http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364941
    Last edited by Matt in TN; 12-01-15 at 20:59.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hello Tat2! I've heard a lot about you, and hope to come to an Oregon shoot one day. Brunop is joining me for this match in Oklahoma this January, so we 'll try to do you guys proud. It's already sold out for this year, but we'd love to have you join us another time. I've heard stories about how well you shoot -
    [/URL]
    Right on! I hope you can make to out to Oregon sometime. Brunop is a great dude!!! Bummer it's sold out... But maybe next year! Great shooting yourself btw!

T

Feedback Score
    I have an Imbel FAL I built with a CAI imported Imbel receiver. It's a 21" pencil barrel with a fixed stock, so it's a full size. In a over a year I have put >2,000 rounds of M80 and Wolf through it.

It's long, but superbly balanced, capable of hitting man sized targets even when it's burning hot and the adjustable gas settings allow you to shoot for a while without fatigue.

Even though I haven't sent lead down range with the later variants I am more than impressed with it.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526