Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Didn't see that one coming...

Feedback Score
    Do you guys mind voicing an opinion on the Noveske NT4 Shorty vs. LMT 10.5? I've found a few Noveskies in stock, and although the price is higher, its not that much higher. As mentioned above, I have a promised date of 7/15 for the LMT, but I'm considering ordering the Noveske and canceling my LMT order. The lower is LMT, and I had wanted to keep it all LMT, but the Noveske has me thinking...

Specifically what I'm wondering about is the quality of the Noveske. Now, I know they make outstanding barrels, but how about the overall upper? Any feedback on performance of this specific upper? Ammo finicky? For the past few years all I've heard is when going 10.5 go LMT and don't look back. I've also heard people complain about issues with the concentricity of the LMT threads when mounting a suppressor. Any informed opinion would be greatly appreciated.

As shown in previous thread posts, the uppers will be ran with the NT4.
    “Fixed fortifications are monuments to man's stupidity,” George S. Patton, Jr.

Feedback Score
    LMT has in the past been a source of poorly threaded barrels for use with suppressors, so it may be better to cancel the order and get a different barrel to avoid finding your build fraught with POI shift issues.

My LMT 10.5 barrel is way out of concentric. I'm unhappy with that.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'd jump on the Noveske.

This kind of scenario is why I don't subscribe to the don't buy the barrel before you get your stamp chicken shit.

Feedback Score
    The noveske stuff is kind of spendy, I'd probably go SS white oak armament through ADCO firearms, they cut and thread barrels for silencers and do good work and it will be more affordable.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Possible Option? BCM 11.5 Upper w/DD Rail
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    LMT 10.5 uppers in stock at Bravo Co now

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HPLLC View Post
    LMT has in the past been a source of poorly threaded barrels for use with suppressors, so it may be better to cancel the order and get a different barrel to avoid finding your build fraught with POI shift issues.

My LMT 10.5 barrel is way out of concentric. I'm unhappy with that.
    How difficult is it to correct this? Is it correctable? I'd like to get a M4-2K or similar for mine in the future.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RD62 View Post
    How difficult is it to correct this? Is it correctable? I'd like to get a M4-2K or similar for mine in the future.

-RD62
    I'm curious too. Did you talk to Gene at LMT? Will they do anything about it? I was concerned about this very issue several months back, and I talked to Gene, he stated:

"I’ve literally fired thousands of our barrels suppressed and have never had an issue."
    “Fixed fortifications are monuments to man's stupidity,” George S. Patton, Jr.

Feedback Score
    A thread started by Steve at ADCO FA.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...f=130&t=158403

The link is from ADCO's web page.
    Peace, Jerry

I don't drink the koolaid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12