Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: IWB holster suggestions

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Icculus View Post
    woodandsteel how do you like your mtac when in the car? And on the belt, I'm upgrading that too and going to be ordering a new one from The Belt Man

I have worn an MTAC with my M&P9c frequently over the past few months so I will comment. I tend to push the holster pretty far forward on my hip so it's almost at 2:30 or so. I do this so I can use an un-tucked T-shirt as my concealment garment. I find sitting in the car to be very comfortable, even for long trips with this set-up. I prefer the MTAC to the Looper when I am going to be driving, or in and out of my car for extended periods.

Feedback Score
    The user basically said the mtac "felt more concealable" basically I believe referring to how the thinner profile allowed by the kydex made the holster seem closer to his body and less bulky. He commented though that the VM2 was more comfortable, especially when seated in the car.

woodandsteel how do you like your mtac when in the car? And on the belt, I'm upgrading that too and going to be ordering a new one from The Belt Man

Keep the suggestions coming, thanks everyone.
    I agree about the kydex feeling more concealable due to the slimmer profile.

As far as driving a car, I have no issues with my MTac. Although, if I am planning on a long trip, I will move the holster a little more forward than usual. But for trips around town, I never had a problem.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    I have worn an MTAC with my M&P9c frequently over the past few months so I will comment. I tend to push the holster pretty far forward on my hip so it's almost at 2:30 or so. I do this so I can use an un-tucked T-shirt as my concealment garment. I find sitting in the car to be very comfortable, even for long trips with this set-up. I prefer the MTAC to the Looper when I am going to be driving, or in and out of my car for extended periods.
    Good to know. Where do you wear it normally? I'm about 4:00 person with other holsters. Terribly uncomfortable if you leave it there instead of rotating to 2:30?

Quote Originally Posted by woodandsteel View Post
    As far as driving a car, I have no issues with my MTac. Although, if I am planning on a long trip, I will move the holster a little more forward than usual. But for trips around town, I never had a problem.
    Interesting, so you shift yours forward as well. Doesn't cause the barrel to dig into your leg???

Thanks guys
    Last edited by Icculus; 06-23-09 at 15:35.

Feedback Score
    +1 on the MTAC.

Got it two months ago with the open bottom so I can use both my G19 and G17 interchangeably. Super comfortable, though I have a muscular frame--6' 200--and it has a tendency to print when I wear it on my right side back (4-6 o'clock) because I'm very "angular". If you are a little "softer" it should disappear nicely. Overall, I cannot recommend this holster more.
    Last edited by Mark21; 06-23-09 at 15:36.

Feedback Score
    Interesting, so you shift yours forward as well. Doesn't cause the barrel to dig into your leg???
    Not at all. It tends to rotate down, towards the seat along my hip. But, not so much that I notice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark21 View Post
    +1 on the MTAC.

Got it two months ago with the open bottom so I can use both my G19 and G17 interchangeably. Super comfortable, though I have a muscular frame--6' 200--and it has a tendency to print when I wear it on my right side back (4-6 o'clock) because I'm very "angular". If you are a little "softer" it should disappear nicely. Overall, I cannot recommend this holster more.
    Yeah, I tend to be one of the softer ones. So it does hide nicely.

To the OP, I forgot to add what Mark 21 said. I like that the MTac is also modular, so you can save money if you end up with more than one handgun for CCW. Also, you can buy different clips for it, too. I use the standard belt clips. They serve me fine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    To the OP: I have tried the MTAC at 4:00 and it really is not that uncomfortable when seated. My car has high bolster seats though and drawing when the holster is in this position when seated in my car would be virtually impossible. Also I find it stays concealed by my T-shirt much better if it is closer to the front that the back. It is more comfortable standing and what not with it at 4:00. Like everything else it's a compromise one way or the other...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have been happy with my Kydex holsters from:

http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/k1/Default.htm
    They make think and ultra think Kydex holsters

http://www.blade-tech.com/Holsters-c-253.html
    Thicker than above but excellent quality

I've had leathers holster but re-holstering is much easier and faster with kydex. If I go somewhere where I cant take my firearm and have to leave it in the car my kydex holster allows me to easily, quickly and discreetly re-holster once I get back to my car. Also they are very durable and require little in the way of maintenance.
    Last edited by RojasTKD; 06-23-09 at 16:33.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by woodandsteel View Post
    Yeah, I tend to be one of the softer ones. So it does hide nicely.
    Good to know. I'm neither high speed, nor low drag but I'm working on being a bit more of both

Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    To the OP: I have tried the MTAC at 4:00 and it really is not that uncomfortable when seated. My car has high bolster seats though and drawing when the holster is in this position when seated in my car would be virtually impossible. Also I find it stays concealed by my T-shirt much better if it is closer to the front that the back. It is more comfortable standing and what not with it at 4:00. Like everything else it's a compromise one way or the other...
    I hear ya. Sounds alot like the seats in my STi which has very high bolsters on side and back.

Quote Originally Posted by RojasTKD View Post
    I have been happy with my Kydex holsters from:

http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/k1/Default.htm
    They make think and ultra think Kydex holsters

http://www.blade-tech.com/Holsters-c-253.html
    Thicker than above but excellent quality

I've had leathers holster but re-holstering is much easier and faster with kydex. If I go somewhere where I cant take my firearm and have to leave it in the car my kydex holster allows me to easily, quickly and discreetly re-holster once I get back to my car. Also they are very durable and require little in the way of maintenance.
    Definitely will take a look.

Thanks again everyone

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I hear ya. Sounds alot like the seats in my STi which has very high bolsters on side and back.
    LOL, that's because it is an STi! CGM '05.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast