Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: IWB holster suggestions

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Question about belt width for cc iwb holster

I've been looking for a iwb holster (Occidental Stronghold Phoenix) and the manufacturer wants to know the belt width I prefer. Now, I measured the belt I've been wearing for years, 1 1/4 wide. I'm tempted to order the 1 1/2" loops so I'm not screwed down the road if I get a different belt. Anyone have experience with loops bigger than your belt by 1/4-1/2" ?. Would this"slack" be a negative? The 1/2" of play would come from using it with a dress belt. Ironically, Occidental sells gunbelts too. But for $90 bux, I'd rather throw some tritiums on my gun.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MookNW View Post
    I've been looking for a iwb holster (Occidental Stronghold Phoenix) and the manufacturer wants to know the belt width I prefer. Now, I measured the belt I've been wearing for years, 1 1/4 wide. I'm tempted to order the 1 1/2" loops so I'm not screwed down the road if I get a different belt. Anyone have experience with loops bigger than your belt by 1/4-1/2" ?. Would this"slack" be a negative? The 1/2" of play would come from using it with a dress belt. Ironically, Occidental sells gunbelts too. But for $90 bux, I'd rather throw some tritiums on my gun.

Buy a spare belt loop so you have both sizes:
    http://www.ttgunleather.com/catalog/c4_p1.html

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by G34Shooter View Post
    Buy a spare belt loop so you have both sizes:
    http://www.ttgunleather.com/catalog/c4_p1.html
    Nuff said, thanks shooter. BTW, thanks for suggesting the Occidental.
    Last edited by MookNW; 04-22-10 at 18:51.

Upstate NY Otsego Lake area, Fl, Carib. & Panama, depending on the sailing season and my mood.
    Feedback Score
    I'm 6'2" 240#'s and I roll with a Kramer IWB for my full frame 1911, Kimber TLE RL II.

I like leather and I like the cant of the holster.

It's just plain good quality and exactly appropriate for my carry style.
    Ed Fernley
    Pathfinder Operations
    Semper Primus!

"I'M THE ONE WHO BARKED AT THUNDER, ROARED AT LIGHTENING, MADE DEATH WONDER."

AND

“Wherever I go, everyone is a little bit safer because I am there.
    Wherever I am, anyone in need has a friend.
    Whenever I return home, everyone is happy I am there.
    It's a better life!”- Robert L. Humphrey “Warriors Creed"

"John has a long mustache."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    I have worn an MTAC with my M&P9c frequently over the past few months so I will comment. I tend to push the holster pretty far forward on my hip so it's almost at 2:30 or so. I do this so I can use an un-tucked T-shirt as my concealment garment. I find sitting in the car to be very comfortable, even for long trips with this set-up. I prefer the MTAC to the Looper when I am going to be driving, or in and out of my car for extended periods.
    Same here for over 2 years now. It's very comfortable and concealable at the 2 or 3 O'Clock position while driving, under a Polo or simple T-shirt here in FL.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    I have been carrying my G27 in a N8 squared tactical holster, http://n82tactical.com/

I really like it, is nicely padded, molds to you and your pistol and is very comfortable both standing and sitting. Definitely recommend it.
    Carolina Smoke and Guns
    Licensed Class 3 Firearms Dealer
    Consulting on NFA Items

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MookNW View Post
    I just received my Occidental Phoenix holster today (well... yesterday now) and it's a great freaking holster. It was overly tight at first (I couldn't get my M&P out of the holster) but I fixed that by spreading the mouth a bit and breaking it in by sliding the gun in and out. After wearing it out and about for a couple of hours, I can definitely say I'm very satisfied.

My suggestion is get the 1.5" loops and get a 1.5" belt btw. 1.5" is much better at holding up a gun than 1.25".

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien View Post
    I just received my Occidental Phoenix holster today (well... yesterday now) and it's a great freaking holster. It was overly tight at first (I couldn't get my M&P out of the holster) but I fixed that by spreading the mouth a bit and breaking it in by sliding the gun in and out. After wearing it out and about for a couple of hours, I can definitely say I'm very satisfied.

My suggestion is get the 1.5" loops and get a 1.5" belt btw. 1.5" is much better at holding up a gun than 1.25".

Glad you liked it, mine is overly tight as well but I will adjust it when i get my M&P back from Apex.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Just ordered the Phoenix..I'll check back in when I get my grubby paws on it. Now I wait...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567