Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Browning Hi-Power

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Browning Hi-Power

I was finally able to secure the ultimate 9, a browning hi-power. It is a mark III with the double sided safety and dovetailed sights. Price was decent, its LNIB. Almost looks like it hasn't been fired. I haven't been able to shoot it yet but the trigger feels great in dry fire. The reset leaves a little something to be desired, but it reminds me of the reset on my M&Ps so its not all that bad.

The only thing that might make this better is a cylinder and slide hammer, even with my small hands its looking like I will suffer a few bites of the hammer.

Sorry for the quality of the picture, I am not photographer. I am off to watch Beverly Hills Cop now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice.

There is a really cool thread on here about HRT Hi Powers, just an FYI, don't know if you've read it, just search.

Dave Williams

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Love HiPowers, have had several, but after one magazine my wookie paws look like hamburger.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I would love an HRT hi power

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Did you ever try the C&S hammer? Looking at how I hold the gun I am pretty sure I am gonna get bitten, but I am debating bobbing my current hammer vs buying a C&S rounded one.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    Love HiPowers, have had several, but after one magazine my wookie paws look like hamburger.

Feedback Score
    Try it first before altering it. I had a MK III with the spur hammer ( before I sold it to my step father who had fallen in love with it). I never had a problem with hammer bite. I have large hands but they're not fleshy so I never had a problem. Everyones hands are differant as is the way they hold the gun.
    Paranoia is more than a personality trait, it's a survival skill.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    Did you ever try the C&S hammer? Looking at how I hold the gun I am pretty sure I am gonna get bitten, but I am debating bobbing my current hammer vs buying a C&S rounded one.

I've not used one, no, but if they are similar to the "Commander" type hammers on a 1911, then I'll still get bit.

The only HiPower hammer that doesn't bite me is the one for the SFS system.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Nice pistol! I've wanted a Novak Hi-Power since I was a kid.

After you watch BHC, didn't Spenser for hire carry a BHP?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nice. I have an Inglis Hi Power and love it. My only grip is the magazine disconnect that prevents the mags from dropping free. If I ever run across a civilian version for a good price I'll pick it up and ditch the mag disconnect.
    I like franks & beans

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Spenser carried a Beretta 92 compact
    Last edited by 1oldgrunt; 09-30-10 at 23:05.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast