Thread: which MGW sight tool for Warren sight on glock?

Feedback Score

which MGW sight tool for Warren sight on glock?

Hi, do I need the tall type MGW tool for warren sight installation or will the regular one be good?

also, I seem to recall reading here that the M&P sight tool with also work for Glocks, but can't seem to find that post anymore, can someone confirm this?

thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The one that works the best is the newer MGW Glock TALL sight tool for Glocks.
    I get mine from TopGun Supply.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    thanks for the confirmation.

I also found the post by John_Wayne777 the M&P tool being compatible.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.p...2&postcount=26

of course...it is out of stock at TopGun supply now whereas the glock tall version is in stock

Feedback Score
    Ok, installed warren sights today with the tool. once again thanks for the help.

Also installed extended slide release, and vickers tactical extended mag release

Feedback Score
    Anyone just use a brass or derlin punch with success?

I'd rather avoid buying a specialized tool that costs as much as the part that I'm planning on installing IF there are other less costlier tools that can successfully do the same thing albeit with a bit less finesse.

Feedback Score
    I did find plenty of people that did it without the mgw tool when I searched warren sight installation with google.

I made the decision to purchase the tool based on
    two factors

1. don't want any chance of screwing up
    2. I am committed to the Glock platform, and will be acquiring more glocks (planning on another 19, and a 26 at least), so the tool will be used more than once.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 8200rpm View Post
    Anyone just use a brass or derlin punch with success?

I'd rather avoid buying a specialized tool that costs as much as the part that I'm planning on installing IF there are other less costlier tools that can successfully do the same thing albeit with a bit less finesse.
    I was unable to get my Warrens past being even with the edge of the slide using a punch -- and I beat on them hard. Finally gave up and pressed them, back when I had access to a good machine shop at work.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I was unable to get my Warrens past being even with the edge of the slide using a punch -- and I beat on them hard. Finally gave up and pressed them, back when I had access to a good machine shop at work.
    I hate being in these predicaments... especially the night before a range day. I guess I'll be shopping for a sight tool.