Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project: blast squirrels in my back yard with my Marvel 1911 conversion.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Project: blast squirrels in my back yard with my Marvel 1911 conversion.

Hey guys,

I just got a UPS notification that my Marvel 1911 conversion shipped. Hopefully it will be here this weekend. I checked with the ATF and my Spectre 22 suppressor went pending on the 7th. So hopefully I will have my suppressor sometime in june to put on my conversion (which has a threaded barrel).

My plan is to shoot targets and the squirrels who menace my back yard garden. I will keep a running tally of what ammo works well and how many pests I delete from my backyard. Hopefully all goes well.
    Last edited by The Dumb Gun Collector; 05-26-09 at 22:37.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very interested in these results as I am saving up for one of these kits for my 1911.

Feedback Score

Your squirrels are preparing for your marvel kit arrival.

Proenneke snapped this pic earlier today
    Old age and treachery always overcome youth and skill

Feedback Score
    I'll be tracking this one Greg. I ordered a Marvel kit at SHOT and deployed before they could ship it out to me, resulting in the order being canceled. Since I can't find .45 ammo anywhere, that kit is beckoning to me once again.

Feedback Score
    I've had a Marvel kit for years. Had Marc Krebs work it over.
    Out of the box it is extremely accurate.
    You will like it.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    My plan is to shoot targets and the squirrels who menace my back yard garden. I will keep a running tally of what ammo works well and how many pests I delete from my backyard. Hopefully all goes well.
    Get 'em!!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Depending on how big your yard is and proximity of neighbors, you may find that this setup isn't as quiet as you'd like or need. I have a Marvel and a Gemtech Outback II and was more than a little surprised at the noise level (which leads to a funny story that I probably shouldn't post publicly ).

Feedback Score
    Have a Kimber 17M2 kit. Awesome round to get the back yard pests. vermin tend to be DRT when hit. Too bad the thing has never gotten through a magazine with out a malf.

Hope you have better feeding luck witht he benchmark of rimfire conversions.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have a few hundred rounds through my Marvel and it's run great both suppressed and non. Can't remember what ammo I was using though as frankly both the Marvel and the can have sat in the safe for at least a year, if not two.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Rob S,

I was thinking about running my brass tumblers for background noise when I practice. If I keep the lids loose they rattle pretty good. Do you think this might help mask the noise?
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast