Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any opinions on the FNP?

Feedback Score

Any opinions on the FNP?

I'm normally an HK/Glock guy, but the FNP45 has had me wondering. From all I've heard it's a very good gun, but I wondered in anyone has had any problems with it.

Any reports of breaking, any glaring flaws?

What about the maintinence schedule... is it more like an HK or Glock where you don't really have to replace anything for about 20k, or more like a SIG where you have to replace a handful of parts every 5-10,000 rounds? I'm sure FNH would sell me replacement parts, their customer service is apparently pretty good, but if I wanted to spend a fortune on replacement parts I'd just buy another 1911.

And most importantly, do you like it all around?

Thanks for the help, guys!
    MY CURRENT FAVORITES: Les Baer TRS, a pair of HK45 V1s, a pair of HK45c V1s, Robar Alloy Extreme Professional .40 S&W, and so many spare mags, parts, springs, and boxes of ammo I'm sure there's another cool one buried in here somewhere....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I live in a California, so a FNP 45 is not easy to for me to get, being a civie. However, I have shot one before, and I thought it was just as good as my USP 45. I would love to have one. But it's not gonna happen anytime soon.

Felt good in the hand, good trigger, soft recoil, excellent weapon.
    The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

JHP's are good times, for bad people.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Calling the FN trigger "good" is a bit generous, in my opinion.

M_P

Feedback Score
    That is one aggressive grip.
    4%'er

“I'm the weapon, this is just a tool"
    -Michael Wilson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The trigger is alright,

The aggressive grip/cocking serrations aren't too bad,

The mags not wanting to function with WWB isn't too much of a hassle unless you like saving $ by buying ammo up at Walmart

But what really got me was how the gun recoiled in my hands, the placement of that decocking lever = PIA. No matter if I used my normal thumbs forward grip or a thumbs down/combat grip, no improvement. It just kept nailing the joint in my thumb and wearing on the skin.

Needless to say - I found a like new HK45 for a steal and haven't looked back.

Maybe you should try out the M&P, HK45c, or HK USP/Tactical...(since I see you already have a pair of hk45s)
    Last edited by forgiven; 06-19-09 at 09:24.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by forgiven View Post

The mags not wanting to function with WWB isn't too much of a hassle unless you like saving $ by buying ammo up at Walmart

Needless to say - I found a like new HK45 for a steal and haven't looked back.

Maybe you should try out the M&P, HK45c, or HK USP/Tactical...(since I see you already have a pair of hk45s)
    I think that's BS. A combat weapon and it's magazines should function with ALL types ammo. I use to baby my guns and only use American Eagle ammo. After a while I started to wonder what they wouldn't function with. So I bought all kinds of crap ammo, to my satisfaction they all ran 100%.

HK45 is an excellent weapon. So are USP's. I have very little experience with M&P's.
    The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

JHP's are good times, for bad people.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by modern_pirate View Post
    Calling the FN trigger "good" is a bit generous, in my opinion.

M_P
    I agree. I found mine to be very vague in single action and pull went on forever. I could never get comfortable with it until I had a couple of mags down range. The gun was a soft shooter, seemed to be very well made, and ergonomics were great for my tiny mitts, but ultimately I sold it because I didn't like the trigger.

Feedback Score
    ive herd their supposed to be excellent guns, however, i thought that the FNP 9 that i held felt sort of cheesy... like a toy gun.

Feedback Score
    Oh, come on... somebody else has to have SOMETHING to add.
    MY CURRENT FAVORITES: Les Baer TRS, a pair of HK45 V1s, a pair of HK45c V1s, Robar Alloy Extreme Professional .40 S&W, and so many spare mags, parts, springs, and boxes of ammo I'm sure there's another cool one buried in here somewhere....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast