Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: purchasing a short barreled upper

Feedback Score

purchasing a short barreled upper

Please refer me to a thread if this has been covered. I am currently waiting for a transfer for a registered Colt A2. I am wanting to purchase a 10.5 inch upper. Can I buy it and keep it uninstalled while I wait for the transfer? I do have several AR15 at home. Am I beraking any laws? Please be easy on my guys. Options would be: keeping either ARs or sbu in my neighbors safe i.e. stored seperate, or ship the upper to my class 3 (200 miles away) or keeping all at home and NEVER putting it on a reciever till my transfer is approved.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You can keep the short upper at home but then you have to consider what a possible as***** ATF agent considers intent. You may have no "intent" at all to install it on a non-registered receiver, but the ATF agent may think otherwise. All that matters is what the ATF agent thinks is your intent, not what your intent is.

If you want to be sure you're in the clear, keep it at your friends, as long as he doesn't own an AR.

Feedback Score
    I will do that. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    You can keep the short upper at home but then you have to consider what a possible as***** ATF agent considers intent. You may have no "intent" at all to install it on a non-registered receiver, but the ATF agent may think otherwise. All that matters is what the ATF agent thinks is your intent, not what your intent is.

If you want to be sure you're in the clear, keep it at your friends, as long as he doesn't own an AR.
    You learn well Grasshopper!
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Guess I better throw my BCM upper over the fence.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    SWATcop1911- Many hours holding hot box between arms brings wisdom.

Gunz- Smart a**! Your job gets you special privileges. How many full-autos laying around today? Do you have intent? H*** Yeah! But that comes with your job.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Please let me know the location of this fence and what time you plan on throwing it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The intent goofballs will be all over this!

AZCOP on arfcom says you'd best not own any ink pens. That is intent for FORGERY!
    Last edited by markm; 06-25-09 at 11:29.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    It actually has to be a block wall that you can't climb over. Otherwise the intent rules still apply!

And you have to keep your ladder at a neighbors house. Because intent dictates that you plan to use the ladder to retrieve the upper and build an illegal weapon. It's pretty obvious when you think about it.

In fact. If you own a credit card, that can be intent to buy a short barrel, which is intent for an illegal build.

In fact.... suicide is the only way to avoid intent prosecutions and club fed/bubba. Just don't kill yourself with an illegal short barrel. Because ATF has offices in hell too!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    It actually has to be a block wall that you can't climb over. Otherwise the intent rules still apply!

And you have to keep your ladder at a neighbors house. Because intent dictates that you plan to use the ladder to retrieve the upper and build an illegal weapon. It's pretty obvious when you think about it.

In fact. If you own a credit card, that can be intent to buy a short barrel, which is intent for an illegal build.

In fact.... suicide is the only way to avoid intent prosecutions and club fed/bubba. Just don't kill yourself with an illegal short barrel. Because ATF has offices in hell too!
    By far the best answer to the constructive intent bullshit I have ever heard!! Markm FTW!
    Last edited by SWATcop556; 06-25-09 at 23:52.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast