Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting a CCW gun?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Neither sleek nor classy are criteria I evaluate when selecting a weapon.
    Me either, and I strongly suspect that you knew that I was simply just describing the pistol.
    Gun-control is created by scum-tyrants, enforced by oath-breakers and supported by fools that's too ignorant to understand the Importance of being Armed.

When America was a "free country", people could mail order machine guns without question - and that's how it should still be.

I'd rather beat a bad guy to death with my Browning Hi-Power, than shoot him dead with a 'plastic' pistol.

If your path demands you to walk through Hell, walk like you own the place.

Feedback Score
    For the Sig I carry the 17 rd mags, so I have 18 in the gun and 34 more on person carrying two extra mags.

Size wise the G19 is comparable, but the Sig is definitely bulkier, which I like for some reason. I like the heft of the pistol.

I tried the G19 and I didn't like the grip angle or overall feel of the pistol, It's a fine pistol and would serve great as a CC gun (I just don't like the polymer framed pistols).

I am more accurate and comfortable with the controls on the 226 and really love the decock lever.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

I have both a G19 and a G26. The G26 is a better carry piece. It's lighter and it will remain holstered nearly perpetually. Muzzle velocity between the two is negligible as well.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    1. When a cover garment is available it's a G-23 followed by a G-19 or G-30 when the 23 is getting a break. These are carried in a FLETCH owb holster.

2. When no cover garment is available it's a G-27 primarily followed by a G-26 or S&W 642. Working on getting some rounds downrange with a Kel-Tac P-9 to see if that makes it into the rotation. These are pocket carry pieces.

3. When I can't carry a pistol I use a Kel-Tec P-32, pocket carry.

+1 on night sights, pocket light, etc.

Good luck on your search.

Keith

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I have been carrying a Glock 19 as a CCW/Off Duty gun since about 2001. Add your preference of night sights and I think it's good to go.

I have been carrying a M&P 9mm as an issued duty gun for almost 4 years now. Great gun.

I bought a M&P9c about two years ago, to use as an off duty gun. I really like it alot, but my Glock 19 still calls to me.

Off duty/CCW, I use kydex "Tuckable" type holsters, year round, to include the muggy summers in SW Ohio (currently 91 degrees with high humidity as I type this).

I have my little guns, a Glock 26, a S&W 642, and a Kahr PM9. Truth bbe told, I seldom use these, as I either use my Glock 19 or the M&Pc.

To the OP with the Glock 19, I'd suggest you get the night sights of your choice, a few extra magazines, alot of practice ammo, and some training classes.

We can burn up the internet debating what is the "Perfect CCW gun". I would offer that such a thing has yet to be invented.

The needs of the individual will dictate which guns best fit those needs. I would offer that the Glock 19 is one of the best CCW guns out there. Is it perfect for everyone? Of course not. But it would be hard to argue that it is a bad choice.
    Last edited by Beat Trash; 06-27-09 at 19:25.

Feedback Score
    Bringing this thread back because I had some more questions. I finally got to handle a new G19 and to be honest I didn't care for the grip. It wasn't bad, but I just didn't care for how the fingers grooves position my fingers. Maybe I'll have to look at an M&P compact in 9mm. Is it that much smaller than a G19? Is there any other compact/subcompact pistols I should consider?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I recently asked the same question - I actually decided to go with the full size M&P9 when I decide to go tupperware. The G19 basically sits right in between the two M&P9 sizes.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=35039
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Whining in a forum that people have seen your thread, but not replied, reeks of an odd brand of desperation. - Me

Titling your thread "To XYZ or Not to XYZ" will cause me to completely ignore your thread.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDooley View Post
    I recently asked the same question - I actually decided to go with the full size M&P9 when I decide to go tupperware. The G19 basically sits right in between the two M&P9 sizes.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=35039
    Thanks for the help. I might have to look at a full size M&P9 as well. I might be able to conceal one since all I ever wear is jeans and t-shirts(currently I rarely have to wear dress clothes) and I am I fairly large person.

Feedback Score
    Just wanted to throw into the coversation a small .45 acp. Anyone consider this option? Been giving this some heavy thought

Feedback Score
    Quick question about the M&P9. How can I tell if the gun has the mag disconect and internal lock? I don't want either of those and considering I was going to check one out at cabelas(have a $150 cash card there) who knows what model they would have. If the ones cabelas got have those features and provided I like it, maybe I'll just get one somewhere else.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast