Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ACOG ECOS

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

ACOG ECOS

Curious if anybody has experience with this optic, particularly FOV, eye relief, and crosshair reticle on ACOG. The Docter thingy doesn't make a difference to me. Also of interest whether ARMS mount can be removed and replaced with Larue.

Feedback Score
    I have a ta31ecos and it is pretty much the same as a ta31 as far as the crosshairs go. The big difference in the crosshairs is that the ecos has extra yardage for one of the grenade launchers that can be attatched to a rifle. Truthfully, I don't even notice it when shooting. Field of view on these things is great (i've seen military people talk about how they use them for observation. Eye relief is another story. It will take some getting used to, but after awhile, it is no problem for me. I have just recently bought a DD offset mount and aimpoint micro and plan on getting a larue dr.optic mount for the dr.optic reddot that is currently sitting ontop of the ecos. I plan on trying each of these in the 11oclock position (i shoot left handed) and figure out if I like that better than having the red dot sitting ontop of the acog. I'm sure many here have already done this and they can tell you which they prefer. Not a huge deal to me, but chin weld (which you have to use with the dr. ontop of the acog) is a little uncomfortable compared to cheek weld. Great scope though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    +1. That's right. The ECOS is just like all the other 4x32 ACOGs, TA01,TA31. I thought it had a modified NSN crosshair reticle on those though?? Or am I thinking about something else?

Also, yes, you can remove that weak A.R.M.S. mount and mount a LaRue 4XDOS ACOG QD mount.
    "A government big enough to give you what you want, is strong enough to take what you have." -T. Jefferson

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks for info. I got somewhat confused by data on Trijicon's site. NSN and ECOs reticles look similar, yet only ECOS is listed as BAC-capable.

Feedback Score
    another thing, not sure about the nsn, but the ta31ecos has the BAC feature. I've seen people say that they had a hard time learing to use this feature, but I was able to pick it up pretty quickly and I don't consider myself a wizard bya any means when it comes to shooting. I also put mine on a larue mount.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The BAC feature is just another marketing ploy basically, IMO. All it really means its that you're supposed to be able to shoot with both eye's open, because of the daytime illuminated crosshair... BUT, this is quite weird because the TA31-ECOS has the fiberoptic tube on top of the optic for daytime illumination, yet the TA01-ECOS does NOT have it, yet the TA01-ECOS is ALSO listed as having BAC?? This would lead you to believe that if the TA01-ECOS has BAC, then so does TA01's and TA01-NSN's.
    I own an NSN, and I have no trouble using it with both eyes open - to identify targets, then I close my left eye for precision when I prepare to fire. I wouldn't recommend trying to shoot all the time with both eyes open at a distant target with a 4x scope, BAC or not... Like I said, BAC is just another so-called "technological advancement" in order to sell more optics. Please don't make your decision solely on whether it has BAC capability or not, because as far as I'm concerned, if the TA01-ECOS has it, they all do.
    Just mount a mini-RDS on top of your ACOG, and there, you've got a both-eyes open aiming platform for CQB situations, and you're 4x for long shots.
    "A government big enough to give you what you want, is strong enough to take what you have." -T. Jefferson

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Picked up an ACOG in FDE with all the bells and whistles. The bells and whistles IMO, are just that. This model is sans fiberoptic tube. The reticle is very fine and gets difficult to distinguish in waning light. The tritium, as I understand, is for NV use and pretty useless for most other applications. In daylight the reticle is great. The 200 and 300 yard drop indicators are somewhat difficult to distinguish. I sight in at 200 anyhoo so no biggie.

I'd trade the Docter for a fiberoptic tube in a second.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by benthughes View Post
    The tritium, as I understand, is for NV use and pretty useless for most other applications.
    Wow. I'd like to see some literature to back up the claim, since we've got a few tens of thousands of folks that think otherwise. 3000 or so I've trained myself over the last 2 years, to include occluded view/fiber optic scenarios in various light conditions.

That's really a stretch.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'm not going to argue it with someone with more experience with it. The scope I'm referring to has no fiberoptic tube, the illumination is tritium only. It's very dim in a dark room and not visible in regular light. I imagine in such low light settings you'd be using a light of some sort which would, again, disable the tritium. As for night vision and the tritium....I dunno, I don't have NV. This is what a trijicon dealer and competition shooter told me.

Ben

Feedback Score
    Tested a couple of the TA31ECOS versions at work, and bought the TA31TRD version instead. Didn't get the very stylish FDE finish, or built on iron sights, and it was the Trijicon Red Dot instead of the Doctor. For way we needed we saved a bunch of dough and the end users are very happy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast