Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideal optic for SPR MK12 Mod1?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Failure I suggested this scope because I have it on my MK12 that I got from Monty and really like it. For the price you can't beat it and with the way Leupold is going now I don't like them. Great scope easy to use and built very well. I am sure Monty can give you a better response than me.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoochild View Post
    Failure I suggested this scope because I have it on my MK12 that I got from Monty and really like it. For the price you can't beat it and with the way Leupold is going now I don't like them. Great scope easy to use and built very well. I am sure Monty can give you a better response than me.
    I'll agree. Newer Leupold Mark 4s are not a great bang for the buck.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mil Dot or MOA?

I am used to MOA and know nothing about how to use a mil-dot. Which is more practical for my type of use?

Anxiously waiting to hear Monty's experience with scopes on this rifle.
    Last edited by rljatl; 07-08-09 at 20:11.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    number 4 all the way.
    1.Nightforces are built like a tank.
    2.The R2 reticle was deisgned by an Agency guy w/25 yrs service who is the most proficent sniper i've ever met.He is also a Mechanical Engineer by trade,so he has a handle on the mathematic's involved with long range shooting.The R2 reticle makes using Mi-Dot's antiquated.

Feedback Score
    I've used 18" Mk12's and 20" SAM/DMR rifles with several different scopes, including the Leup 3.5-10x, Leup 3-9x, NF 2.5-10 x 24, NF 3.5-15 x 50, S&B 3-12x50--if you are shooting primarily under 600, it is hard to beat the NF 2.5-10x models; if you are primarily shooting longer then the NF 3.5-15 and S&B 3-12 are better options. We still have quite a few Leup's in inventory, so are using them, but when they need replacement, will go with the NF's or possibly S&B's.

Feedback Score
    Doc, price wise NF vs Leup, similar power? At our last class together Pat's friend was using the NF 1X4, very nice. I was thinking Leup but NF was on the back of my mind after seeing the NF 1X4. S&B is a bit too pricy for me. thanks.
    Last edited by BSHNT2015; 07-09-09 at 08:55.

Feedback Score
    Generally, NF is better glass than Leup and not as expensive as S&B. Cost can be a factor--at one point we were able to purchase six Leup 1.5-5x scopes for the price of one S&B 1.1-4x...we got the Leup's--even though they were not as good as the S&B's, the Leup's got the job done.

Feedback Score
    Quick question guys,

Currently on order with an upper from Monty, now scratching my head about the type of glass to use.

Would there be any reason to get the smaller Night Force NXS 2.5-10 24 scope over the 32 scope that has been recommended here? I really like to keep things KISS, And what would you guys recommend as a better choice, the Larue mount or the NF rings?

Feedback Score
    When LaRue is an option, it is always the best choice...

Feedback Score
    I am also debating the NF 2.5-10 24 vs the 32, anyone used both and care to speak up?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast