Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ideal optic for SPR MK12 Mod1?

Feedback Score
    Is anyone waiting to see the new NF 2.5-10 x 42? I'm also saving for some quality glass for my Mk-12

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...10-x-42-scope/

Dano5326 Guest
    IMO state of the industry is the Luepy 3-18x, with Horus of your flavor... for both 5.56recce/SPR and 7.62 gas guns.

Will be interesting to see the new NF x42. with side focus. Is it a FFP? However, for the real estate, less than 12" ATB be dominated by the new Luepy with 8x more, and decent resolution with VAS clip ons.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Anyone with experience with the USO 1.8-10 mentioned? I'm looking at it or the NF 2.5-10x24

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post
    IMO state of the industry is the Luepy 3-18x, with Horus of your flavor... for both 5.56recce/SPR and 7.62 gas guns.

Will be interesting to see the new NF x42. with side focus. Is it a FFP? However, for the real estate, less than 12" ATB be dominated by the new Luepy with 8x more, and decent resolution with VAS clip ons.
    Which Horus reticle do the high speed guys prefer for a MK12 or SPR? Looks like the TREMOR2 version is the only Luepy 3-18 reticle that is illuminated. How important is an illuminated reticle?

http://www.horusvision.com/reticles.php
    Last edited by rljatl; 11-29-13 at 10:40.
    Native Texan

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I realize that this is an old thread but very relevant to me at this particular point in time.
    First off, right now a NF is out of the question but I did happen across a Vortex Viper PST 2.5_10X32 with a set of Badger rings for a song. I mounted this set up and it fits me perfectly. The rings are low rings and while theu pre lude me mounting my rear buis every other aspect is as close to perfect as U can get right now.
    Any thoughts on this set up?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillB View Post
    I realize that this is an old thread but very relevant to me at this particular point in time.
    First off, right now a NF is out of the question but I did happen across a Vortex Viper PST 2.5_10X32 with a set of Badger rings for a song. I mounted this set up and it fits me perfectly. The rings are low rings and while theu pre lude me mounting my rear buis every other aspect is as close to perfect as U can get right now.
    Any thoughts on this set up?
    I use that same optic and have no problems out to 650, the farthest I've been able to shoot to. I would think you'd want to make some higher rings or mount a priority though, to achieve a proper and consistent cheek weld.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Well, thats the thing, I am more comfortable behind those rings and get a better cheek weld and view through the scope than with any others Ive used. I mean its instantaneous, and perfect. As soon as I mount it the view is right there. I just dont see the need to change them as I just dont see how it could possibly be better for me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would go NightForce NSX 2.5-10 42mm. I have a NSX 2.5-10 32mm on a SCAR 17, but the 42mm scope is a little better. These NF NSX scopes are a good compromise between ruggedness, weight, compactness, and features. Hard to beat. I plan to buy the 42mm version within the next few months.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    The Nightforce SHV F1 4-14x is a lot of scope for $1,250. It was an option that didn't exist when this thread began.

I have quite literally beat the shit out of mine for a year and a half and it still tracks for sub-MOA gong ringing at 600 yards.

P.S. I miss Dano.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillB View Post
    Well, thats the thing, I am more comfortable behind those rings and get a better cheek weld and view through the scope than with any others Ive used. I mean its instantaneous, and perfect. As soon as I mount it the view is right there. I just dont see the need to change them as I just dont see how it could possibly be better for me.
    If it works for you and you are comfortable then go with it. I would only consider changing the mount if it effects your shooting. If not go with what is good for you.

It has taken me several years to get the scope set up I like. Loved my USO but it was just not comfortable to mount, so it was gone. That Vortex is a good scope and will work just fine.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast