Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ideal optic for SPR MK12 Mod1?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    OK, I got this brand new, perfect VV PST, THE Badger 34mm rings with steel reducers for $400. Now thats a deal in my book. Hell, the rings and reducers retail for a bit over $200 and everything is in as new conditiin just as the seller said they were.
    Sure, Id like to have the NF as much as the next guy but it just wasnt un the budget after building a Mk12 clone and while its no NF, this Vortex is pretty freakin nice. Ive always been a Bushnell guy believe it or not.
    Anybody else out there have this scope? The Vortex I mean.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillB View Post
    OK, I got this brand new, perfect VV PST, THE Badger 34mm rings with steel reducers for $400. Now thats a deal in my book. Hell, the rings and reducers retail for a bit over $200 and everything is in as new conditiin just as the seller said they were.
    Sure, Id like to have the NF as much as the next guy but it just wasnt un the budget after building a Mk12 clone and while its no NF, this Vortex is pretty freakin nice. Ive always been a Bushnell guy believe it or not.
    Anybody else out there have this scope? The Vortex I mean.
    It is a good scope. What exactly are you asking?
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    NF 2.5-10x42 w/ Mildot gets my vote

Feedback Score
    Hey, sorry to necro this 4 month old thread, but I was just wondering, for the MK12 AR15, I went with the nightforce 1.5 inch tall 7075-T ring mounts for my Nightforce 2.5-10x42mm NXS /w mil-dot

Is that a good height to get the mounts? I was advised by optics planet customer service rep to go with 1.5 inch as taller the better was the word for a better cheek weld. Any thoughts?

So, this is the combo I ended up with:

The mil-dot version:
    https://www.opticsplanet.com/nightfo...iflescope.html

The 1.5inch tall version:
    https://www.opticsplanet.com/nightfo...-ring-set.html
    Last edited by heavygunner8; 01-02-18 at 21:23.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavygunner8 View Post
    Hey, sorry to necro this 4 month old thread, but I was just wondering, for the MK12 AR15, I went with the nightforce 1.5 inch tall 7075-T ring mounts for my Nightforce 2.5-10x42mm NXS /w mil-dot

Is that a good height to get the mounts? I was advised by optics planet customer service rep to go with 1.5 inch as taller the better was the word for a better cheek weld. Any thoughts?

So, this is the combo I ended up with:

The mil-dot version:
    https://www.opticsplanet.com/nightfo...iflescope.html

The 1.5inch tall version:
    https://www.opticsplanet.com/nightfo...-ring-set.html
    Yes, that is the standard height to go with.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ac View Post
    Yes, that is the standard height to go with.
    Heavygunner8,

1.5” height is perfect. My rule of thumb is 1.4”-1.5”. I also prefer the 1.5” height. Much more comfortable in all shooting positions. Congrats on the NF you picked... you’re gonna love it ;-)

Feedback Score
    If I wanted to use BUIS with this scope, which QD mount should I get? Wanted the quick detach mount if I want to switch to BUIS
    Last edited by heavygunner8; 01-03-18 at 11:47.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavygunner8 View Post
    If I wanted to use BUIS with this scope, which QD mount should I get? Wanted the quick detach mount if I want to switch to BUIS

I’d rock an ADM, if you must have QD. If not, run a NF UniMount or a Geissele and run offset 45deg. BUIS. The latter option would be the most robust and most repeatable RTZ.
    Last edited by HD1911; 01-03-18 at 13:20. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I prefer Bobro for a QD Mount for the amount of clamping surface area as opposed to others. For Unimounts I keep a sawed-off 1/2” box wrench in the rifle’s grip.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    I prefer Bobro for a QD Mount for the amount of clamping surface area as opposed to others.
    I do too.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456