Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock trig safety

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Glock trig safety

New glock 17 owner- first glock, first 9

does anyone one else HATE the trigger safety?

i finally decided to go glock after shooting a 19 a couple months ago.. i put a few hundred rounds through the thing, and realized i'd been an idiot for not investigating glock sooner.. loved that 19.

i dig everything about my 17, except the trig safety digs into my finger. it doesn't hurt exactly, but it sticks up 1/32" on a squeezed trigger, and i hate it the longer i have it. does get tender after a couple hundred rounds. totally messes with my trigger control, and diverts my attention. i'm sure i can train this out of the equation, but i'd rather cut it out of the equation. i'm considering taking a little material off it, just to get it closer to flush. am i asking for disaster? is this something that's done? are there better aftermarket trigs i can use? trigs with NO safety, maybe? or will i just get used to it and not care after a while?

being a 1911 guy, it's hard enough to remember the trig needs more than a light tap.. add the funkiness of the trig safety, and i'm way distracted.
    Last edited by bkb0000; 06-28-09 at 15:31.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Odd...

I don't even notice it. I don't remember noticing it when I wised up and switched from the 1911 to the glock either.

Feedback Score

Opposite

I have nearly the opposite issue than what you stated here.
    The 17 shoots comfortably for me but the 19 rubs blisters across the top of my shooting hand after a short time.
    "Get yourself a Glock, Lose that Nickle plated sissy pistol." Sam Gerard (Tommy Lee Jones)

Ignorance is Defensible, Stupidity is Not!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I don't get the reason for the trigger safety, but then again, I am just a stupid 1911 shooter.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Odd...

I don't even notice it. I don't remember noticing it when I wised up and switched from the 1911 to the glock either.

i dont remember noticing it with the 19, either. perhaps i should post a pic... i'll get one up this evening.
    Last edited by bkb0000; 06-28-09 at 15:50.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    I don't get the reason for the trigger safety, but then again, I am just a stupid 1911 shooter.
    indeed.. if someone respectable makes a trig with no safety, i think i'll begin my Glock Life with no trig safety.

are these available? i did a couple internet searches and didn't immediately find anything

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Do a little more outside work and your hands will toughen-up and you will not notice it.

The only Glock related ouchie I got was with my cold-wet hands at Dave Penningtons CC class in Feb.

It was the end of winter when I had not done much outside work in a while. The arch on the backstrap caused a 'slight' tender spot on my palm by the end of day two.

Took hundreds of rounds to do this.

Right now, I have been working in the garden all summer and my hands are tough.
    Last edited by Heavy Metal; 06-28-09 at 16:16.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    i'm a construction contractor, and, right now, am my own forman- my hands ain't girly.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rat31465 View Post
    I have nearly the opposite issue than what you stated here.
    The 17 shoots comfortably for me but the 19 rubs blisters across the top of my shooting hand after a short time.
    This is my only issue with Glock triggers which is due to the serrated triggers on the Glock 19 (as well as the other mid-sized and compact Glocks). I replace the serrated trigger with a fullsize smooth trigger w/trigger bar on my 19's.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If it bothers you that much, why not just file it flush with the trigger face?
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast