Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock trig safety

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    If it bothers you that much, why not just file it flush with the trigger face?
    word.. that's the main reason for this thread

Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    i'm considering taking a little material off it, just to get it closer to flush. am i asking for disaster? is this something that's done?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The absolute worst that will happen if you remove too much is the trigger safety will not fully disengage.

Rinse, lather, repeat. If you fubar it, get another.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I don't recommend filing it flush. If the safety doesn't disengage, the weapon will not fire. It's like not having a good grip on the beaver tail on your 1911. The trigger safety is designed so the trigger will not move unless a finger is on it. My suggestion is to replace the trigger and trigger bar assembly or replace it with a G19 trigger and trigger bar assembly. Full size Glocks have smooth triggers and compacts have serrated (import regulations). Also try to put less finger on the trigger (just the tip).
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    pulled the trig, stuck it in my detail vice, and zipped it plain with a dremmel. deburred with a razor blade

problem fixed

i'd still be interested to know if non-safety glock trigs exist, and if that's something that's done.
    Last edited by bkb0000; 06-28-09 at 17:34. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    I don't recommend filing it flush. If the safety doesn't disengage, the weapon will not fire. It's like not having a good grip on the beaver tail on your 1911. The trigger safety is designed so the trigger will not move unless a finger is on it. My suggestion is to replace the trigger and trigger bar assembly or replace it with a G19 trigger and trigger bar assembly. Full size Glocks have smooth triggers and compacts have serrated (import regulations). Also try to put less finger on the trigger (just the tip).
    too late. this was my immediate concern, but now that i've done it i can see no problems.. trig goes back no matter where i put my finger on it, what angle i come in at, etc. doesnt even come close to hanging up.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I see from your pics that you filed it in the closed position so that may work out fine. I inspected my G22 and mine went flush when I pressed the trigger unlike the picture in your original post. I can only assume there was a manufacturer flaw in your trigger safety. Keep an eye on it though, if it hangs up or doesn't engage the safety, replace it. You don't want to bet you life on a Dremmel quick fix.
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    [QUOTE=
    i'd still be interested to know if non-safety glock trigs exist, and if that's something that's done.[/QUOTE]

Glock does not have one nor do they recommend it. I have never seen anything of the sort in the aftermarket.

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rat31465 View Post
    I have nearly the opposite issue than what you stated here.
    The 17 shoots comfortably for me but the 19 rubs blisters across the top of my shooting hand after a short time.
    The G19 comes stock with a serrated trigger, the G17 with a smooth trigger. Many people prefer the smooth, and luckily the G17 trigger mechanism -- available just about anywhere online -- drops right in to the G19.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    I don't get the reason for the trigger safety, but then again, I am just a stupid 1911 shooter.
    Without the trigger safety, a drop from an adequate height directly onto the back of the gun could result in an accidental discharge. The gun hits the ground, the trigger keeps moving rearward under its own momentum, bang. With the trigger safety, the gun would have to fall in two directions simultaneously, which obviously cannot happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    If it bothers you that much, why not just file it flush with the trigger face?
    While the OP apparently succeeded in doing this, I'd recommend against it. If the safety lever wears or otherwise fails to engage properly in the future, the gun will not fire. I'd never make a modification like that to a gun I was going to use for duty/defense type work.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    i seriously doubt i'm going to have any problems with it.. i suspect something was a bit out of tollerance, either the trig or the safety. either way, the safety still cinches up entirely- i didn't take anything off it's overall travel. still pivots all the way up and tops off, the only difference is it doesn't dig in my finger anymore.

i can tell, by doing a number of dry drills with it today, and carefully observing function, that it's not any more likely to cause problems that it was before. naturally i intend to put several hundred rounds through it in the next day or two just for GP, but i'm sure it will run fine- even only partially depressing it with my finger at an angle, the trigger still goes back. it would have to wear at least 1/2 its current thickness to fail.

Feedback Score
    got a brand new 17 on saturday and my trigger was the same way, i checked and all of the glocks that were in the store i work at were the same way too, i think that's just the way they've been coming lately.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast