Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: This is not a 1911 vs Glock Thread!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Comparing apples to apples (G21 to 1911), I'd say "yes" for accuracy & reliability, and "maybe" for ruggedness ... depending on how you defined the term. Throw in price, though, and the 1911 doesn't have a chance.
    What apples to oranges ie: G17 v. 1911?

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ZDL View Post
    What apples to oranges ie: G17 v. 1911?

Feedback Score
    I'm slipping. I swear I typed the word "about".

Let's try again. What ABOUT apples to oranges? ie G17 v. 1911.

ToddG Guest
    I doubt there is a 1911 on the planet, anywhere, at any price, that could go toe-to-toe with the G17 round after round in terms of reliability and durability. I'm far from a Glock cheerleader or kool aid sipper, but ... dude ... it's a G17. If yours doesn't work, consider it concrete evidence that God hates you.

Feedback Score
    I doubt there is a 1911 on the planet, anywhere, at any price, that could go toe-to-toe with the G17 round after round in terms of reliability and durability. I'm far from a Glock cheerleader or kool aid sipper, but ... dude ... it's a G17. If yours doesn't work, consider it concrete evidence that God hates you.
    ahahaha. I have to pass that quote on to a buddy.

Feedback Score
    Bob,

I'd like to use your "long" post here as a sticky over at another fourm, but I'm sure they wouldn't be happy about it.

That post should be requierd reading for anyone pondering weather or not to go with the "man gun."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    So... did the dude that started this thread pick a pistol yet?

M_P

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Now, that is funny as heck. And true.......

I switched from 1911's to a G17 in the late 80's and have never looked back. Now I love my 1911's, and will probably always keep a couple, but there is no comparison in any regard other than emotional ones.
    A buddy was not sure he could switch and hated the way the G17 pointed for him, so he fondled a G19, liked it better, and for 10 years has not used anything else except for fun.
    IMHO, switching from a 1911 to a Glock is a reasonably easy switch.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I say you should carry the one you are most accurate with and feel the most comfortable with, as long as it is reliable. Go ahead and buy a Glock model that you're interested in and shoot the shit out of it at the range. If and when you get as good as, or better, with the Glock as you are with your 1911s, then and only then do you seriously need to consider switching for good.

I am a firm believer that most people shoot really well with a particular handgun, and they are just "so-so" or "decent" with others. I personally shoot VERY well with my glock 19, 22 and 26. When I tried shooting both a Sig P228R and a Kimber 1911, I SUCKED horribly with both of them! I think it's just mainly because of the "extra space" on the left and right as I'm looking down the sights, as I'm so used to there being ZERO space (or air?) when I'm looking down the sights of my Glocks. Im sure I could get a lot better with the other two handguns if I had a desire to and with hundreds of dollars in ammo, but I'm more than satisfied with my Glocks... at least for now!

-Paul

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112