Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: XDM or M&P

Feedback Score

XDM or M&P

I am planning on getting a new .40 and I have narrowed the field down to a green and black springfield XDM or a smith and wesson M&P. anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on the two?

Feedback Score
    I personally like the XDM better than the M&P, the grip and overall feel of the XD just work for me.

If possible shoot both of them and compare how it performs for you.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've owned a XD, XDm, M&P, and Glock 17, 19. I eventually sold everything but the Glocks. Owning a Glock made the XD/XDm feel like a toy to me. I'm sure someone on these forums can give you a more technical answer, but simply put, I'm more comfortable with a Glock than either the XDm or M&P.

Given the choice between the XDm and M&P, I'd go with the M&P. I'd seriously consider a Glock 23 though.

As FMF_Doc said, take them all out and shoot. This is an investment so take your time. Also, search all the forums. This is definitely not the first time the question has been brought up.

Feedback Score
    Here we go again.........

Feedback Score
    XD's aren't very highly regarded, and M&P's are very highly regarded. Don't waste your time with the XD. Use the search function, this has come up plenty of times. You should see all the answers to what ever questions you have...
    Last edited by graffex; 06-17-09 at 02:05.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    If it'll be used for concealed carry the M&P is the more practical choice IMO.The XDM seemed rather large to me for CC.

Feedback Score
    Ahh geez, not this shit again...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    S&W M&P.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rmdugan84 View Post
    XD's aren't very highly regarded, and M&P's are very highly regarded. Don't waste your time with the XD. Use the search function, this has come up plenty of times. You should see all the answers to what ever questions you have...
    His opening line needs to be qualified with "ON THIS PARTICULAR FORUM".

The XD is a fine pistol, there are several police that carry them in this area and more are changing to it. Our police do not have pistols assigned or given to them, they bring to the job what they wish to carry so long as meets the written requirements. Yea, the cop has to get out of school and go buy his gun, belt, and everything else he wishes to hang on that belt.

The point is, I have a couple friends that are LEO and we have recently B.S.'ed about the pistols that they carry and I was sort of surprised to hear that many are using the XD/XDm.

In the end the XD/XDm seems to be a fine pistol. It is a bit different from the glock and the others, but it shares many features with them and others as well. It is like a 1911/Glock mix to me. I aint scared of it, and it feels really nice in my hand. For now I still carry the Glock, but one day a olive drab XDm will be with me.
    I save money using AMSOIL full synthetic lubricants. Do you?
    http://www.lubedealer.com/DiscountPowerParts/home.aspx

Feedback Score
    Last edited by RogerinTPA; 06-17-09 at 07:47. Reason: add additional info
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast