Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Certification of Compliance with 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Certification of Compliance with 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B)

Decided to call and see if I had gone pending for a COLT 6933. Person I spoke with said my application had been placed in the "problem" category. She informed me that I had not included a Certificate of Compliance.

My local Class III dealer said he has never heard of this being required, they had not been doing it, and were getting stamps back on a regular basis.

As we looked over the form he said he had been required to fill one out for his Class III license. On question 2 it states, "Name of Person Certifying to Citizenship." He said I put my name there. At the bottom of the form it says, "Signature of Individual Who is Identified in Question 2." My dealer said sign my name there as well.

I overnighted the form along with copies of my drivers license and official birth certificate.

After I mailed off the forms, I began thinking that maybe my dealer isn't up to speed and that he may have just given me bad info on filling out the forms. Does anybody know if he advised me correctly?

I'm really bummed. The person at the NFA Branch in West Virginia said I may be put to the back of the pile and that I shouldn't be surprised if I had another four month wait. Wife and I are preparing for our first child, she's taking prenatal vitamins, and we're saving money. I had hoped to take several carbine classes late summer/early fall. I just don't have the money to spend on buying another rifle.

I hope someone can give me some insight into the form. Any help greatly appreciated. I'm just sooooo down right now. This stinks.
    Last edited by 6933; 06-30-09 at 13:32. Reason: grammar

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The Certificate of compliance is supposed to be included. Although, I've read accounts of folks getting approvals without it when they've sent their forms in using their Trusts.

I've always included the Certificate of compliance.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    markm-Did he advise me correctly on putting my name on Question 2 and at the bottom of the form?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Shit. I can't remember. That's the one thing I didn't keep a copy of.

Feedback Score
    I think your dealer goofed. It's been required for every transfer I've done lately.
    Last edited by gk2410; 06-30-09 at 14:39.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    When I was looking to do my first Form 1 as an Individual a couple of years ago I seem to remember I had to include the Certificate of Compliance. I also seem to remember that the person certifying had to be someone else - I could be wrong though.

I decided to do it the RLT way and am very glad that I did so. Good luck!!
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
    When I was looking to do my first Form 1 as an Individual a couple of years ago I seem to remember I had to include the Certificate of Compliance. I also seem to remember that the person certifying had to be someone else - I could be wrong though.

I decided to do it the RLT way and am very glad that I did so. Good luck!!
    The certificate of compliance is stating you're a citizen. Line two is the person applying and the signature at the bottom better match. I've never attached any supporting documents and mine was for FFL renewal.
    Peace, Jerry

I don't drink the koolaid

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    markm-Did he advise me correctly on putting my name on Question 2 and at the bottom of the form?
    Yes, you are the person certifying your citizenship, and no other documentation is necessary.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by khc3 View Post
    Yes, you are the person certifying your citizenship, and no other documentation is necessary.
    Bingo. It will always be required and has on all of my transfers that I can ever remember. However as was said no other documentation is required to be sent in to prove it.
    “Like a sword, a word can wound or kill, but as long as one does not touch the blade, the sword is no more than a smooth piece of steel. Someone who knows the qualities of a sword does not play with it, and someone who knows the nature of words does not play with them.”-- Miyamoto Misashi

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Hey Mike. Sorry to hear about your snag. Your dealer was correct. All you are certifying is that you are a citizen. You put your info on line two then sign your name. Don't sweat it. Do you know who your investigator is?
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast