Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 4" .45 midsize...joined the M&P club.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

M&P 4" .45 midsize...joined the M&P club.

So, my very favorite 1911 shat its sear and plunger tube last weekend, and as I was diligently staking, polishing, checking angles, and all that shyte involved in replacing those things, it suddenly occurred to me.

I could be shooting.

I just picked up a 4" .45 M&P, and it feels good in the hand, points well, and is light and easy to carry, and has 11 rounds of Winchester Ranger T 230gr on board.

What's not to like?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    This thread is worthless without pics...

Feedback Score
    Quiet,

Im in the same boat my friend. Ive had some recent events with some high end 1911s that are just irritating the shit out of me. Easy fixes, but when they go down, they are down.

I picked up an M&P 9mm w/thumb safety couple weeks ago for the standard price. Unfortunately, I've already sent it out for some action work, and then on to some texturing. So a cheap gun, becomes relatively not cheap pretty quick to mimic the 1911 feel.

I will agree w/you on the point you made above, after several nights of dry fire and presentations, even during the sloppiest of grips, the gun still seems to point where I need it to. It is extremely forgiving in that aspect...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Where'd you find a midsize? I haven't seen one in ages. If I were to pick up a 45, that'd be the one I'd choose.

For that matter, I haven't been able to find any Ranger T for a 45 in months. I want to replace my stash of Golden Sabers badly.
    Principles matter.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    Where'd you find a midsize? I haven't seen one in ages. If I were to pick up a 45, that'd be the one I'd choose.

For that matter, I haven't been able to find any Ranger T for a 45 in months. I want to replace my stash of Golden Sabers badly.
    Hm. I hatched this idea last night, and there was a brand new midsize in the fun shop today.

I got 500 rounds of the new Ranger T last week from someplace whose name escapes me at the moment for $23.00/box shipped. I'll see if I can find that email.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavis6576 View Post
    This thread is worthless without pics...

With my crusty HAK which I never take off, except that it was interfering with my camera.

Feedback Score
    Nice score brother! I got the full sized M&P 45 before the middies came out. You can neglect her and she won't fail you. Like LAV says, the 1911 is an enthusiasts gun. You can always keep your 1911 as a hobby gun, while abusing the M&P.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    QS, we're sorta of the same mind, too. I turned my 1911 in to a local gunsmith to turn it into a MEU/SOC clone, picking up the same M&P you got IOT have something to shoot during the months "Kindness" will be away from me. That, and I wanted one anyway.

Shot it for the first time this past Saturday, then conducted a mad scramble to try and find another 2 10rnd magazines for the rest of the day (NONE to be had in the DC Metro area I was willing to drive to!). Sunday was a practice session w/ToddG holds at intervals @ the NRA range.

I had a .45 XD that I traded off to get this baby; didn't quite like it, but the M&P feels like coming home again, somehow.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I have the 45c and love it. I carry in an MTAC at 4:00 and the compact carries well. I showed it to my uncle who has huge hands and now he's searching for the 45 mid. The mids are hard to find but hopefully more will show up on the market soon.

Thanks for the pic; proof they actually exist! Now, take her out and get her hot and dirty! She's begging for it...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have been tempted to go down this road but I'm so vested in the Glock thing now that starting over yet again with the M&P would just be too much for me. I find myself having to resist the urges Derek mentions about starting to customize those $500 guns into $1k guns as well. I'm picking up a new G19 next week and I'm thinking this one is going to stay completely stock and become my workhorse/carry gun until I can come up with a damn good reason to justify adding any cost to it.

Fortunately I have another one that's the lil' woman's gun that I can do grip reductions, and add sights, widgets, and gizmos to!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast