Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 4" .45 midsize...joined the M&P club.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I have been tempted to go down this road but I'm so vested in the Glock thing now that starting over yet again with the M&P would just be too much for me. I find myself having to resist the urges Derek mentions about starting to customize those $500 guns into $1k guns as well. I'm picking up a new G19 next week and I'm thinking this one is going to stay completely stock and become my workhorse/carry gun until I can come up with a damn good reason to justify adding any cost to it.

Fortunately I have another one that's the lil' woman's gun that I can do grip reductions, and add sights, widgets, and gizmos to!
    I have a mess of G19s, and I am really thinking about keeping one and turning the rest of them into M&Ps. It's so much more comfortable in the hand, picking up a Glock feels like holding a 2x4 next to it.

Feedback Score
    Glocks are a couple hundred dollars cheaper than M&Ps and I understand that Glock will be coming out with adjustable handgrips (M&P like) next Shot Show.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by automan View Post
    Glocks are a couple hundred dollars cheaper than M&Ps
    whoa, they are? Where are these $200 Glocks?

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/38991

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek_Connor View Post
    I will agree w/you on the point you made above, after several nights of dry fire and presentations, even during the sloppiest of grips, the gun still seems to point where I need it to. It is extremely forgiving in that aspect...
    That may be my favorite thing about these pistols. They point exceedingly well and for some reason they seem to "coach" you into a proper thumbs forward modern isosceles almost effortlessly.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Current retails prices for G19's at Bud's Gunshop.com (depending on options): $494 to $589. I just sent in for the emailed price quote on their in-stock bare-bones G19 and it was $494. On Gunbroker I saw a few new G19's with very low initial bid levels (such as $459 or even $410 on one). But those are not the final sales prices, and the reserve or "buy now" prices are much higher, for example the "buy now" is $512 on that $410 listing. It looks like the BEST you can do on a new bare-bones G19 on Gunbroker, if you want to buy TODAY, is right around $500.

Prices for M&P full-size models at Buds: $439 to $569 (the $569 is the "spec ops" version with threaded barrel and 3 mags). Gunbroker prices for FS models range from $499 to $569.

Bottom line is, I definitely don't see a huge price difference between G19's and full-size M&P pistols. If anything, right now it appears you can get a bare-bones M&P for a bit lower than a similar Glock, and that's without any rebates.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek_Connor View Post
    Quiet,

Im in the same boat my friend. Ive had some recent events with some high end 1911s that are just irritating the shit out of me. Easy fixes, but when they go down, they are down.

I picked up an M&P 9mm w/thumb safety couple weeks ago for the standard price. Unfortunately, I've already sent it out for some action work, and then on to some texturing. So a cheap gun, becomes relatively not cheap pretty quick to mimic the 1911 feel.

I will agree w/you on the point you made above, after several nights of dry fire and presentations, even during the sloppiest of grips, the gun still seems to point where I need it to. It is extremely forgiving in that aspect...
    I played around with a FNP with a safety, but really didn't like it. Wasn't really very 1911/SAO. How is the M&P with the thumb safety?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I played around with a FNP with a safety, but really didn't like it. Wasn't really very 1911/SAO. How is the M&P with the thumb safety?
    Dude, to me it feels a LOT like a 1911. Not exactly the same but the closest of any polymer pistol.

Feedback Score
    I'll agree w/the others, its pretty close to a 1911. I must have gotten lucky, the safety has a real positive click to it. I know others complained about how mushy it was when they first came out. Although I'll be honest, I have NOTHING to compare it to other than a 1911. I've never felt another thumb safety on a polymer framed pistol other than a USP.

Although after using the mangun platform for awhile, it feels like something is wrong with the M&P when you can keep the safety ON, and lock the slide back. So I end up running it just like it was a 1911 to keep it consistent.

I've had the gun locked, inside the murse, and other various bags and the safety has never been accidentally deactivated, which was my main concern when i first got the pistol.
    Last edited by Derek_Connor; 07-01-09 at 11:02.

Feedback Score
    It was in this thread or another I was reading someone implied that the safety can be installed in a gun that came from the factory without one, and it could be removed from one that came with it?
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 07-01-09 at 11:49.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    It was in this thread or another I was reading someone implied that the safety can be installed in a gun that came from the factory without one, and it could be removed from one that came with it?
    You can definitely remove a thumb safety from a gun that came with one...however I don't think you can add one without some serious modification to a gun that came without.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast