Thread: Can I install the LPK trigger group last?

Feedback Score

Can I install the LPK trigger group last?

Can I install the trigger group after the pistol grip and selector? Or do the selector and pistol grip rely on the disconnector/trigger/hammer being in place?

I am undecided on whether to use my stock trigger or order an aftermarket trigger, and I don't particularly want to install my stock trigger until I've decided. However, I'd like to install everything else in the LPK. What should I do?

Feedback Score
    I just installed a Geissele SSA trigger group in my assembled lower and the only parts that had to come out were the trigger parts. So if there's any reason you can't wait, I'm not aware of it.
    Last edited by 01tundra; 04-13-10 at 11:21.

Feedback Score
    Great! I was afraid the selector parts might get in the way or cause malfunction. Thanks for the reassurance!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    the selector does sometimes get in the way, depending on the FCG. but you can still install it and the pistol grip, and if you need to pull the selector, just cock the hammer, rotate the selector to a position halfway between SAFE and SEMI, and punch it through. to re-install, use a large punch or something else to hold down the detent, and slip it right back in.

Feedback Score
    Ahhh, this is great news! Thank you for the details, bkb!