Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Muzzle Breaks, Suppressors and Flash Hiders

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Seemed you were taking any chance you could to say he didn't need one. seemed? I take that back. You were.

He wants opinions on different brakes, not opinions on why or why not he may or may not "need" one. It's very stupid to get into the discussion of why someone "needs" any accessory for an AR. That argument always sours fast.

He doesn't need a brake. He WANTS a brake. Give him info on brakes, not info on NOT getting a brake.

You aren't giving out any helpful information. Were you insistent on a different brake because you personally know it to be better than most, I'd say yeah, tell him over and over again to get the point across.

I don't like brakes but that's what he wants so his barrel doesn't look ridiculous.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    Ok whatever; Let's wait for JmasterJ to log back on and maybe this will sort itself out. I don't want to hi-jack his thread with our bitching.

Besides it won't be long before someone post that retard pic...

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I also hav eone of these on a 6lb .308 bolt gun, feels like a .223. My 9yo son even shoots it with ease. I may do one on an AR. It's a Holland Quick discharge brake.
    Check Brownell's to, they have different thread sizes and pitch's.

Mark

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...eitemid=109958
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    It's cool all...I'm newer to the AR platform so all of this info. is a goldmine for me, bias or not. To answer some ?'s...I won't be in competition...at least for now, so this firearm is purely for HD, range time and something that I can take to a few carbine courses and beat up a bit. Honestly, I'm not really a big stickler on whether there is something on the end of my barrel or not but I will cringe to say it...I do appreciate a good looking weapon too.(of course only if the addition has a functional purpose that doesn't out weigh the performance)

I guess I'm wondering if having a break outweights not having a break for my purposes but SECONDLY, do breaks differ in performance? Which is best?

As for the preban questions...I do have a "preban" rifle but that is worth more to me personally for the "preban" status(I can do any configuration I want to it as long as it's 16" long) so it won't see dirt and grim as much as this new one will. And I really plan on beating the shit out of it too!

SO...suppressors and FH's are the same thing pretty much?

If I'm not being clear just ask me to clarify.
    Thanks

GO PATS!
    To all those serving for our rights and liberties...Thank you, you are my heroes!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JmasterJ
    It's cool all...I'm newer to the AR platform so all of this info. is a goldmine for me, bias or not. To answer some ?'s...I won't be in competition...at least for now, so this firearm is purely for HD, range time and something that I can take to a few carbine courses and beat up a bit. Honestly, I'm not really a big stickler on whether there is something on the end of my barrel or not but I will cringe to say it...I do appreciate a good looking weapon too.(of course only if the addition has a functional purpose that doesn't out weigh the performance)

I guess I'm wondering if having a break outweights not having a break for my purposes but SECONDLY, do breaks differ in performance? Which is best?

As for the preban questions...I do have a "preban" rifle but that is worth more to me personally for the "preban" status(I can do any configuration I want to it as long as it's 16" long) so it won't see dirt and grim as much as this new one will. And I really plan on beating the shit out of it too!

SO...suppressors and FH's are the same thing pretty much?

If I'm not being clear just ask me to clarify.
    Thanks

GO PATS!
    we are talking flash suppressors and not sound suppressors here right??
    Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    Ambrose Redmoon

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    JmasterJ,

Since you're living in a ban state and want something on the muzzle and can't have a flash hider and have considered a brake/comp check out www.AKConcepts.com, I have the DNTC on my 3gun rifle, it works very well, it does increase the flash but does cut down on the recoil quite a bit. The Bennie Cooley brake from JP rifles is excellent as well. Both the DNTC and the Cooley are VERY LOUD, you won't make many friends at the range using one. I do love my DNTC even better than the Bennie Cooley I had been using.

Here's a pic of me shooting mine on my 3gun rifle shooting Guatamalan ammo.

This one is with American Eagle 55gr AE223 ammo.

Another good choice that looks good perm. attached to a 14.5" barrel is the KKF A3 TacBrake, I used on during the ban. It's not too loud but looks pretty good. Kurt also makes a A3 faux flash suppressor.
    http://www.kurtskustomfirearms.citym...page/29585.htm

A3 faux flash suppressor.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Yes..we are talking Flash Suppressors...

Is flash like with the Guat. surplus ammo in the picture above pretty standard with breaks or is that ammo specific? May be a hinderance in low light training or situations but I guess that's what I'll have to deal with. As for the LOUD breaks..I don't want enemies.
    To all those serving for our rights and liberties...Thank you, you are my heroes!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    THAT'S the brake I wanted to point you towards- I mentioned a newer one that's popular here but couldn't remember the name.

Sorry about your Patriots. I am happy to see the Colts in the 'bowl though because they will be a good team for the Bears to beat up on.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Yeah...best of luck to the colts...they certainly deserve it.

Thanks for the insight on the brakes everyone...I'm sure I'll have other ?s as I go along.

Also...anyone in here know Pat Rogers or if he frequents the forum? He is supposed to do a carbine course in Pelham, NH. this summer but hasn't gotten a date set in stone...I would like to attend under his instruction.
    Thanks
    JM

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yes, he shows up often to give advice and to help us out...

I seem to see posts by him in spurts though. Probably doesn't h
    ave much time and when he does, he tries to help as much as possible.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast