Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Muzzle Breaks, Suppressors and Flash Hiders

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AMMOTECH
    As Mark stated: "If you shoot competition" "If you want a brake, get one"

What do you plan to use this weapon for? Self-Defence/SHTF, plinking/target shooting at the range, hunting or competition.
    Do you want a brake for looks? So that you don't have a plain end on the barrel.

I'm not aginst a brake if you feel you need one. I just would not have one myself.
    I've got a Phantom flash suppressor on my M4. I liked it better then a standard A2 FS.

You are getting ridiculous. He heard your opinion on why he shouldn't bother with one. Frankly, his tastes are probably different than that of your wife. So, let him take in other suggestions instead of commenting on each one a person makes.

Usually people suggest a break for competition because they help and noone usually wants one unless it's for competition- that is unless they are under a ban and want something besides a bare muzzle.

Go ahead and get a brake. There's a few newer ones that don't work exactly the same as the Y-comps do and blow out your neighbors.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Let me clarify one thing. I don't think the only reason for a brake is for competition, although it may seem that way. If the goal is to put fast, effective fire down range with no regard to muzzle flash, you can't beat a brake.

Any weapon set up with a brake will always allow accurate quicker follow ups than with a like one w/o.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz
    You are getting ridiculous. He heard your opinion on why he shouldn't bother with one. Frankly, his tastes are probably different than that of your wife. So, let him take in other suggestions instead of commenting on each one a person makes.

Usually people suggest a break for competition because they help and noone usually wants one unless it's for competition- that is unless they are under a ban and want something besides a bare muzzle.

Go ahead and get a brake. There's a few newer ones that don't work exactly the same as the Y-comps do and blow out your neighbors.
    Just trying to get more info to help us help him.
    I don't care what anyone hangs off the end of their carbine. I just hate to see someone waste money on an item that they may not need.
    And I can be ridiculous if I want... I never saw a rule that said that I could not comment on someones post. We are here to share info and ideas right?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Seemed you were taking any chance you could to say he didn't need one. seemed? I take that back. You were.

He wants opinions on different brakes, not opinions on why or why not he may or may not "need" one. It's very stupid to get into the discussion of why someone "needs" any accessory for an AR. That argument always sours fast.

He doesn't need a brake. He WANTS a brake. Give him info on brakes, not info on NOT getting a brake.

You aren't giving out any helpful information. Were you insistent on a different brake because you personally know it to be better than most, I'd say yeah, tell him over and over again to get the point across.

I don't like brakes but that's what he wants so his barrel doesn't look ridiculous.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    Ok whatever; Let's wait for JmasterJ to log back on and maybe this will sort itself out. I don't want to hi-jack his thread with our bitching.

Besides it won't be long before someone post that retard pic...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I also hav eone of these on a 6lb .308 bolt gun, feels like a .223. My 9yo son even shoots it with ease. I may do one on an AR. It's a Holland Quick discharge brake.
    Check Brownell's to, they have different thread sizes and pitch's.

Mark

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...eitemid=109958
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    It's cool all...I'm newer to the AR platform so all of this info. is a goldmine for me, bias or not. To answer some ?'s...I won't be in competition...at least for now, so this firearm is purely for HD, range time and something that I can take to a few carbine courses and beat up a bit. Honestly, I'm not really a big stickler on whether there is something on the end of my barrel or not but I will cringe to say it...I do appreciate a good looking weapon too.(of course only if the addition has a functional purpose that doesn't out weigh the performance)

I guess I'm wondering if having a break outweights not having a break for my purposes but SECONDLY, do breaks differ in performance? Which is best?

As for the preban questions...I do have a "preban" rifle but that is worth more to me personally for the "preban" status(I can do any configuration I want to it as long as it's 16" long) so it won't see dirt and grim as much as this new one will. And I really plan on beating the shit out of it too!

SO...suppressors and FH's are the same thing pretty much?

If I'm not being clear just ask me to clarify.
    Thanks

GO PATS!
    To all those serving for our rights and liberties...Thank you, you are my heroes!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast