Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Muzzle Breaks, Suppressors and Flash Hiders

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bcm3087 View Post
    Grant, or anyone else who has tried it...what do you think of the Surefire MB556K that was on page 2 of this thread? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Here is a Surefire MB556K, mounted on my 16" SS MRP barrel. It does reduce muzzle flip slightlly, but I don't think it reduces recoil as much as they claim.

One of my buddies has a Miculek muzzle break on his 16" Rock river. You can fire the rifle with the stock 2" off your shoulder, and the recoil won't push the butt back into your shoulder. You can't do that with the surefire.

If my paperwork ever clears, I'll have a Surefire FA556K suppresor. That's the only reason I went with this break.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I just saw Ernest Langdon (works for S&W) and he had one of the Surefire MB556K brakes on his M&P15 PC that he's shooting for a 3gun rifle. He likes it a lot. I told him he needs to tryout my Flatland Forge F2 comp. It's extremely loud but very efficient, on a full auto gun it would probably have muzzle dive.

Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimslow View Post
    One of my buddies has a Miculek muzzle break on his 16" Rock river. You can fire the rifle with the stock 2" off your shoulder, and the recoil won't push the butt back into your shoulder. You can't do that with the surefire.
    I have a Miculek on one of my guns and it does work very well. From the comments I got at 3gun matches, it's also very (extremely) loud to the sides.

Feedback Score
    does the Miculek comp reduce barrel climb as the surefire comp???

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I'd use the PWS FSC556. Its not horribly loud and doesn't make a huge muzzle flash. Its not considered a flash suppressing devise by BATF, so its AWB legal. Also look at the Extreme Tactical Comp by Rainier Arms.

I'm currently working on a new compensator, it's basically a hybrid between the "KAC Tripple Tap" and the "Levang Linear Compensator" (All gases expelled forward). So far its just in development, but the computer generated simulations run on it, looks very promising! "Flash/Recoil/Sound suppressor" in one tiny package. (The size is identical to a standard A2 bird cage)

Will produce a couple of them within a short future to see if they work as well in the real world as they do in the CAD simulation. If they work as I hope they do, for those interested, they will be up for sale.

I'll post some more info on the forum after i received the first batch and done some real world testing on them.
    Last edited by Godallmighty; 02-28-10 at 21:30.
    “The world is a dangerous place. Not because of the people who are evil; but because of the people who don't do anything about it.” ~ Albert Einstein 1879-1955
    http://www.isaacademy.com | http://www.intersec.org | http://www.facebook.com/leostrand

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Godallmighty View Post
    I'm currently working on a new compensator, it's basically a hybrid between the "KAC Tripple Tap" and the "Levang Linear Compensator" (All gases expelled forward). So far its just in development, but the computer generated simulations run on it, looks very promising! "Flash/Recoil/Sound suppressor" in one tiny package. (The size is identical to a standard A2 bird cage)

Will produce a couple of them within a short future to see if they work as well in the real world as they do in the CAD simulation. If they work as I hope they do, for those interested, they will be up for sale.

I'll post some more info on the forum after i received the first batch and done some real world testing on them.
    Sound suppressor as in, I need a tax stamp, or just quieter to the shooter?

AAC just came out with a new comp/flash to the tune of the PWS combo.... Actually, maybe it isn't out yet, since I can't find it on their site.

As it directs the sound wave forward its more quiet for the shooter, but based on the modulation of the gases, it should dampen a few decibel to.

When i have them in hand, i'll do some testing. It's one thing what a computer simulation says... and one thing that happens in reality!
    “The world is a dangerous place. Not because of the people who are evil; but because of the people who don't do anything about it.” ~ Albert Einstein 1879-1955
    http://www.isaacademy.com | http://www.intersec.org | http://www.facebook.com/leostrand

Feedback Score
    Just got email from Ranier: with purchase of their billet upper, they are including their Xtreme Tactical Comp free. SO, if you're shopping for a stripped upper, that may be worth looking at...
    "Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws." --Calvin Coolidge

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    JmasterJ,

Since you're living in a ban state and want something on the muzzle and can't have a flash hider and have considered a brake/comp check out www.AKConcepts.com, I have the DNTC on my 3gun rifle, it works very well, it does increase the flash but does cut down on the recoil quite a bit. The Bennie Cooley brake from JP rifles is excellent as well. Both the DNTC and the Cooley are VERY LOUD, you won't make many friends at the range using one. I do love my DNTC even better than the Bennie Cooley I had been using.

Here's a pic of me shooting mine on my 3gun rifle shooting Guatamalan ammo.

This one is with American Eagle 55gr AE223 ammo.

Another good choice that looks good perm. attached to a 14.5" barrel is the KKF A3 TacBrake, I used on during the ban. It's not too loud but looks pretty good. Kurt also makes a A3 faux flash suppressor.
    http://www.kurtskustomfirearms.citym...page/29585.htm

A3 faux flash suppressor.

Kurt is no longer with us. He died in a motorcycle accident last year. I think his wife was trying to sell what inventory he had left. You can try contacting her via his web site.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast