Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A.R.M.S Bi-Level S.I.R.® System?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

A.R.M.S Bi-Level S.I.R.® System?

Has anyone put the A.R.M.S Bi-Level S.I.R.® System on any of there rifles? I think it looks pretty cool but the real question is, how does it do? does it shake? Does it offer enough rails to put things on it?

Feedback Score

Thumbs down

I used to have the 50 S.C.. I think that the design is dated and many better products are now on the market. Think clunky, heavy and overpriced. There are also many screws that can come loose, too many. 3, 6 and 9 o'clock rail space was limited. Customer service was good.
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score
    They are nice. There are newer and lighter systems out, that are also excellent in their own right, but I dont think that makes the bi-level SIR any less of an option. FAL's are old and heavy, but still popular and quite functional. Its all about what you want. There are some small parts that one needs to be sure to keep track of and locktight them, but that should go without saying for any system. I was very happy with all the ones I had, my favorite being my 58 MOD.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I know one thing, if you run a vertical grip and run it hard, the bottom rail on a SIR will peel off. I've seen it more than once to where the rail will pull away from the main body and bend/break.

I don't know about the newer ones though.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Mark does have a point there, that I forgot about. I dont run vertical foregrip, so its never been an issue for me and one I tend to forget.
    Protego quod vallo.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I owned one briefly, and was forced to use one on a "work gun". Non-Technical response: It's a piece of shit. The bottom 1/2 is plastic and too many screws come loose.
    Use the money to by a DD,LaRue,Troy...your money will be better spent on any of those.

P.S. if you buy one; they sell very fast on Ebay and you only lose about $40 on it.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    The bottom 1/2 is plastic and too many screws come loose.
    I see people say that, yet out of the 3 I had, I never had any screws come loose. The polymer lower is one of the things I liked about it. Again, thats not running a VFG though.
    Protego quod vallo.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Apparently the Barrett guys like them. I AM kind of interested in those new "Spartan" rails by them. Very Troy-ish, though...

Hmmm..."Sparta"..."Troy"...

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    I know one thing, if you run a vertical grip and run it hard, the bottom rail on a SIR will peel off. I've seen it more than once to where the rail will pull away from the main body and bend/break.

I don't know about the newer ones though.
    I've seen this happen, a guy's rail started to come apart while firing full auto. Honestly I like the look, but they kinda suck, and are too expensive for what they are.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cody0341 View Post
    Has anyone put the A.R.M.S Bi-Level S.I.R.® System on any of there rifles? I think it looks pretty cool but the real question is, how does it do? does it shake? Does it offer enough rails to put things on it?
    In my opinion ARMS isn't all that good with anything that they make.
    What I did see at SHOT at the VLTOR booth was a bi-level CASV rail which was very nice if you're looking for something like that. I don't know when it'll be available, just give them a call later this week when they're back from SHOT.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast