Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Suppressed SBR Ever????

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)
    10.5 LMT served me well. Although a 10.5 is hard on cans

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I don't know. If you want a dedicated suppressed gun, ok, but you STILL have to add a GB (either way) so why not just get one that adjusts??
    I've been running into the "NO ADJUSTABLE BLOCK" crap a lot lately. I simply don't get it.

It's the single biggest difference maker on the whole gun. If most of these nuts got to try their favorite gun gassed RIGHT??? Their jaws would hit the floor at how smooth it is and how fast you can deliver hits.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I've been running into the "NO ADJUSTABLE BLOCK" crap a lot lately. I simply don't get it.

It's the single biggest difference maker on the whole gun. If most of these nuts got to try their favorite gun gassed RIGHT??? Their jaws would hit the floor at how smooth it is and how fast you can deliver hits.

I know right? AGBs are especially good with the industry trending towards over gassed barrels to run weak commercial ammo.
    Last edited by Sparky5019; 06-13-14 at 14:03.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I don't know. If you want a dedicated suppressed gun, ok, but you STILL have to add a GB (either way) so why not just get one that adjusts??

C4
    Given that you were one of the driving forces behind introducing M4C to the dedicated suppressed world years ago I'm going to assume you have changed your mind due to advances in technology.

I've never seen much "No adjustable block" stuff in the shooting world, if any. Even this forum for example seems to be fully embracing adjustable gas blocks. I just said it's easier and simpler to run a small gas port (assuming 100% suppressed use), and when I built my dedicated suppressed AR15 it definitely was.

I had a DD 16" Carbine upper and had it cut to 10.3" and had the GB shaved without opening up the gas port.

Functions 100% and I've got well over 10,000 rounds through it. I built this rifle in 2011 when if you wanted an adjustable gas block you were limited to a JP disaster or the pricey switchblock which also limited your rail options. I run this rifle suppressed all of the time and it's nowhere near overgassed. I have loads of other ARs to compare it to and it's absolutely phenomenal how little "gas face" and recoil you get with this rifle.

You yourself said that the Socom barrels cut down would make good dedicated suppressed setups, so I know you are down with the concept.

Assuming the longevity and reliability of GBs like the Syrac is there, then that seems to be the way to go. It's definitely easier than finding the rare and expensive BCM,Colt, or DD 16" Carbine barrels and having them chopped competently, but I'd like to see some high round count syracs before I put those on a 2000+ round per year SBR.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 06-13-14 at 14:30.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I'm not against adjustable gas blocks, I just don't have that much confidence in them yet (especially when I've already had one fail). More parts means more potential for a failure, that's all. I *know* that tuning the gas is a great benefit, but if it causes my gun to go tits up then it ain't worth it. I don't personally know anyone else that has put a lot of rounds on an adjustable block, and all I see is a relatively small number of guys online that may have done that. As a result, I take a cautious approach to this until I know more about the reliability of the adjustable block I'm using. That's my story, anyway.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I'm not sure what it is about that rifle... the kill flash'd ACOG, the Centurion rail with index clips, the Surefire mini on a Gearsector mount, the Surefire can, the RVG, or the E-Mod, but I like it!

With the almost-stock lower, the ACOG, and the standard barrel nut (minus delta ring), it's almost like a modified issued weapon.

Random question - ever try attaching sling's rear QD to the right side of your stock instead of the left? I found that works well for me as a right handed shooter.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Exactly. AGB's from Syrac, SLR or others now have the type of reliability and ruggedness required for hard use....and they fit anywhere a normal GB fits (rail fitment is quickly becoming a non-issue). There is very little reason to not utilize one.

Hell, even my Rainier (FNH made) 18" CHF with rifle gas has seen huge improvements using an AGB from SLR. I run it at less than 50% open and it has a proper Mk12-size (~.098") gas port.

Mark, you're right...it is a fuggin revelation.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    I'm not sure what it is about that rifle... the kill flash'd ACOG, the Centurion rail with index clips, the Surefire mini on a Gearsector mount, the Surefire can, the RVG, or the E-Mod, but I like it!

With the almost-stock lower, the ACOG, and the standard barrel nut (minus delta ring), it's almost like a modified issued weapon.

Random question - ever try attaching sling's rear QD to the right side of your stock instead of the left? I found that works well for me as a right handed shooter.
    Thanks a lot man. That rifle has gone through quite a few evolutions. Started with a Magpul UBR and ACOG, then went to a CTR and T1 and then the E-Mod and ACOG again.

It's heavy, but it's the bee's knees.

I've actually never had the rear QD on the right side but just thinking about it, it makes complete sense and I'll give it a shot from now on.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Thanks a lot man. That rifle has gone through quite a few evolutions. Started with a Magpul UBR and ACOG, then went to a CTR and T1 and then the E-Mod and ACOG again.

It's heavy, but it's the bee's knees.

I've actually never had the rear QD on the right side but just thinking about it, it makes complete sense and I'll give it a shot from now on.
    I run the QD on the right side of all my stocks now.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Just saying that after years of suppressed SBR use, I fully advocate adjustable gas blocks for suppressed carbine use.

Smaller gas ports are ideal on the barrel itself, but by no means required, and under heavy firing schedules, I imagine that port erosion makes it irrelevant. With a AGB that issue is correctable.

Also, you can order custom barrels from Kreiger, and I think they do custom gas ports, if money is no object.

One day I want one with their super heavy bull barrel profile using carbon chrome-moly steel, and nitride it.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast