Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Suppressed SBR Ever????

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by K9222 View Post
    I thought the regular H style buffers created bolt bounce and the Tungston powder filled helped negate bolt bounce.
    Nah. Andrew from Vuurwapen blog did a test on this.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Any reason not to run the Youngs Bolt? I have a WMD Nickol Boron coated bolt, would I be better off running it instead of the Youngs?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by K9222 View Post
    Any reason not to run the Youngs Bolt? I have a WMD Nickol Boron coated bolt, would I be better off running it instead of the Youngs?
    I like Youngs myself. I run them in my SS barrel'd, precision oriented sticks. My high round count, training, CHF or other mil-spec type barrel's, you can run either. A mil spec bolt could be more appropriate for your application. You can always run your Young's in a precision oriented rig you have.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    Nah. Andrew from Vuurwapen blog did a test on this.
    Could you please share a link I really like his work...plus I have the fn st-t2
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood for something, sometime in your life.----Sir Winston Churchill

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't know if the Young bolt is any different than any other bolt, but the Young "National Match" carrier does nothing better than a standard carrier does and costs more. It's not worse either so, the way things are currently, if you can find one at a good price, grab it
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I don't know if the Young bolt is any different than any other bolt, but the Young "National Match" carrier does nothing better than a standard carrier does and costs more. It's not worse either so, the way things are currently, if you can find one at a good price, grab it
    Yeah, I got a LMT Enhanced carrier, fitted with a Youngs bolt. The carrier is an AR15 carrier but has the full firing pin shroud, it's only a hair lighter them an M16 carrier. I know Grant recommended the enhanced carrier in M16 so I called him the other day. He said either ar15 or m16 will help as long as it's the enhanced carrier but regular bolt. I'll see how it runs, hopefully smooth. If anybody can point me to a colt/DD/BCM bolt only, I wouldn't mind having a spare around.

Feedback Score
    Wow! Good thread! Bookmark!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    This gun is STILL running strong. Haven't had a malfunction in YEARS.

Most suppressed AR's cannot make that same claim (especially 10.3's).

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    The 11.5 gives you a much longer frag range than the 10.5. It also allows you to run a longer rail.

C4
    What's a frag range?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    What's a frag range?
    Distance of bullet travel within which you will achieve appropriate bullet fragmentation once impacting the target

Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast