Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Suppressed SBR Ever????

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flanntastic View Post
    Grant,
    i have read this thread so many times i have confused myself. I have purchased a Daniel Defense 16" hammer forged barrel and had it cut to 10.5 but left the gas port small. I have installed it and won't get to shoot it till Sunday. So it should function fine with the can. But without can it won't lock back UNLESS you use the LMT enhanced carrier? TIA
    Correct.

C4

Feedback Score
    Originally Posted by flanntastic
    I have purchased a Daniel Defense 16" hammer forged barrel and had it cut to 10.5 but left the gas port small. I have installed it and won't get to shoot it till Sunday.
    flanntastic,

Please let us know how it works out.

I have been thinking about cutting down a daniel's barrel also.

It would be great to hear some feedback from someone who has already done it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Grant,
    I was commenting in another thread, your idea of using the MK556K to help reduce blast baffle erosion is a great idea, it becomes the wear part like a OPs break. I changed my dedicated upper to use the MB556k. Can't wait to play with it this weekend.

Feedback Score
    I had been considering trying to chop down a 16" bbl and do the same thing myself (leave the gas port unchanged), but I was unsure how it would work.
    Would be nice to know the preferred OD of the gas port hole, in order to be like Grants and run CLEAN.
    flanntastic,
    Do you happen to know the OD of the DD port hole?
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    i had adco do it, Steve knows his stuff, i wanted a lighter profile than what i had so the DD hammer forged barrel was the profile i was looking for. I was told by others that the carbine size hole was as small as i wanted to go.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flanntastic View Post
    i had adco do it, Steve knows his stuff, i wanted a lighter profile than what i had so the DD hammer forged barrel was the profile i was looking for. I was told by others that the carbine size hole was as small as i wanted to go.
    The .063 GP size is pretty small, but you can still push an H3 buffer back with a can on it (if you use the LMT enhanced carrier).

I am going to mess around with some smaller GP's to see if I can get it down to an H.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    The .063 GP size is pretty small, but you can still push an H3 buffer back with a can on it (if you use the LMT enhanced carrier).

I am going to mess around with some smaller GP's to see if I can get it down to an H.

C4
    It's cool that your doing all this R&D work so the rest of us don't have to. I think I may get something like this when I get an Ops Inc 14th model. Which brings up my question: Will the reflex type suppressor like the Ops give different results?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Because, the items has to be un-finished before they will coat it. Could they blast it and then re-coat it? Possibly, but I do not think that this would be the best way to do this. Also, you would need the inside of the carrier to NOT be chromed.

C4
    The way it was put to me by the fine folks at UCT was that they put the part through a vapor degreasing and different acids to clean and completely strip it of any finishes previously applied. Sending phosphated carriers should be no problem. Agree with you on the chrome issue, however.

Tspeis

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sniperfrog View Post
    It's cool that your doing all this R&D work so the rest of us don't have to. I think I may get something like this when I get an Ops Inc 14th model. Which brings up my question: Will the reflex type suppressor like the Ops give different results?
    Any suppressor with a large internal volume especially prior to the first/blast baffle will have different results, as they have much lower backpressure.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    just got back from the range,

gun specs
    DD hammer forged barrel cut down to 10.5 with carbine size gas port
    Surefire MB556k
    Surefire FA556212 can
    factory spring
    9mm buffer (i forgot the H buffer and carbine buffer i was going to bring)

Started shooting with no can, Gun would not lock back or load next round, a carbine or H buffer may have helped but i forgot them on my work bench and the gun normally runs a 9mm buffer.

With can gun ran great, less blowback, less recoil, ran cleaner, and locked back on empties.

this was for sure a fun project and glad i did it. Thanks Grant for sharing the info.

a test i plan on running next time out.
    running 100rds through my other 10.5 gun with a new FDE P mag, and 100 with this upper and another new FDE P mag, to show the difference in blow back....my mags came out way cleaner with this config. Normally a FDE P mag comes out black around the top from so much crap being throw back.

Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast