33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flanntastic View Post
    just got back from the range,

gun specs
    DD hammer forged barrel cut down to 10.5 with carbine size gas port
    Surefire MB556k
    Surefire FA556212 can
    factory spring
    9mm buffer (i forgot the H buffer and carbine buffer i was going to bring)

Started shooting with no can, Gun would not lock back or load next round, a carbine or H buffer may have helped but i forgot them on my work bench and the gun normally runs a 9mm buffer.

With can gun ran great, less blowback, less recoil, ran cleaner, and locked back on empties.

this was for sure a fun project and glad i did it. Thanks Grant for sharing the info.

a test i plan on running next time out.
    running 100rds through my other 10.5 gun with a new FDE P mag, and 100 with this upper and another new FDE P mag, to show the difference in blow back....my mags came out way cleaner with this config. Normally a FDE P mag comes out black around the top from so much crap being throw back.
    If you ran an LMT Enhanced bolt carrier, your gun would have cycled rounds without the can.
    Soft shooting isn't it!

C4

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    its very soft shooting, it made my other upper seem like a jackhammer, you got those carriers in stock?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    its very soft shooting, it made my other upper seem like a jackhammer, you got those carriers in stock?
    We have them.

C4

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    i will call you tomorrow

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Grant , pm me the price for the upper.thanks

Feedback Score
    Grant-

I was looking at the enhanced BCG groups on the LMT site and it says there that the enhanced groups are for rifles with barrels over 14.5 inches. Any thoughts as to why this is stated? This is the type of BCG you are talking about right? Just wondered why they would say that when it seems the majic elixer for SBR rifles with cans.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Grant-

I was looking at the enhanced BCG groups on the LMT site and it says there that the enhanced groups are for rifles with barrels over 14.5 inches. Any thoughts as to why this is stated? This is the type of BCG you are talking about right? Just wondered why they would say that when it seems the majic elixer for SBR rifles with cans.
    Not Grant, but he's using just the enhanced carrier, not the bolt if I remember correctly.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    i got the LMT enhanced carrier from Grant, going to try it this weekend.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    i got the LMT enhanced carrier from Grant, going to try it this weekend.
    Did you just buy it from him very recently? If so, do you know if he has more of them in stock?

I didn't see the enhanced BCG on his website.

Also, did you get the F/A version, and did you get the complete BCG or can you just purchase the carrier without the bolt?

-Paul

ETA: Whoopsie! Just looked above where Grant said he has them in stock, but could you still answer my other questions please?
    Last edited by RetreatHell; 08-05-09 at 15:38.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Grant-

I am using JUST the Enhanced Carrier (not the Enhanced Carrier Group).

The enhanced bolt has issues with extraction when it is moving too fast (like in an SBR).

C4

Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast